• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help please, important

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I having some problems with some custom towers im making

1) i have a tower thats supposed to attack multiple tagets, i changed the value under tagets allowed, but the tower still only attacks one target and still has only one projectile. why is this happening and how can i fix it?

2) i have a tower that's supposed to have a huge range. i changed the range on the tower to 2000, but in game it only has 700 range. is this becasue the attack type is perice? how can i fix this?

3) i want to make a tower with bouncing glaives. how do i do this?!? and how can i make a glave bound like 6 times, or 3 times???

thanks for the help

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
1. Add the ability barrarage (the one seige engines use) and remove its tech requirements and adjust target number to the number you want. Also make sure to set targets allowed to what you want as well as projectile art.

2. Up the aquisition range to 2000 in the object editor and the range will be 2000 ingame. This is because it uses MIN(range,aquisition range) when deciding initial range of a unit. Changing aquisition range via triggers will not increase range.

3. Look at units which already use bouncing attack. Basically the projectile type has to be missle bouncing. You then need to set number of targets to the number of bounces. AoE controles the distance it will travel for a bounce to get a new target and also any penatlys of damage for bouncing. No abilitiys are needed to be added inorder for units to do bouncing attacks.

Level 5
phoenix fire will do the work on the first problem

dr super good said the solution on second problem

third problem you can use the moon glaive attack of huntress

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
moon glaive attack?
Like I said no abilities are needed to do the third problem.

Barrarage is better as it deals the same attack type as the unit and same damage as the unit. Phonix fire will not improve with heroe's damage and deals always spell damage and so ignores armor. Phonix fire also can not affect magic immunes unlike barrarage.

Status
Not open for further replies.