• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Since I really like this site, and many of the people on it, I have decided to help in some way. =)
I won't have internet for very long now, since i'm probarbly gonna move and won't have internet then, so this is.. well.. not the last goodbye. I will still post for a while.. but anyways.

If you think I can help you with something art-related, I'm glad to do my best for making you a better artist. not saying that i am superior to you, I'm really not (hey, you've seen it, I'm not an artist), I just have a education in arts that might help you.
I may move in a week or a month, I don't know, but meanwhile, I would be glad to help.

I'm gonna post a little tutorial on how to make basic eyes and lips in a day or so, but any question is welcomed if it's art-related. :wink:

Level 2
aw tari sgonna leave :( ah well your good..will? was nice to have here. i hope i will ever get to view your Corruption comic. another artist leave and there was already not enough drawings sent here. it would be a kind initiative to make such tutorials. if possible, you could stay in front of a glass ( one of these things made of glass you can drink with ) and draw it with the closest shades of grey you can get. or if you think you're gonna get a coma or that you don't have a scanner..well you can always draw a female that is fishing. oh and for last wishes i hope many people ask your advice before you leave and that... you have fun drawing on your later life.

thanks, -wormskull.

Level 5
thanks =) I will always continue drawing, it's part of me. But since I'm gonna have a job in the days and study in the evenings, it will be a little less. and maybe I'll return in a couple of months, that I don't know.

I hope I will be able to post my last art-efforts before I leave.
thanks for your kindness wormskull, but as Arnie said: i'll be back :wink:

Level 5
VGsatomi said:
Can you teach anything about photoshop? Or do you mainly stick to hand drawn and scans?

sadly, I know very little about photoshop. =/ The only things I know is how to use the brushes.
So i'll stick to drawings, colorchoices, things to enhance a picture, stuff like that, that can be adepted in photoshop aswell as in irl-drawings.

Level 5
aww tari is leaving -_- (cries)

That is sad -_-

btw I need help on drawing a head... aswell legs and arms, I dont have an anatomy book, sry, I will buy one once I get the money :D
for the head I need help on eyes, and nose (actually not the eyes, cause you got a tutorial commin up ;D)
for legs I need help on whole thing, like how to start teh basic leg sketch what basic shapes to use.. and so on
for arms I need help on muscles (same as above, basic shapes for muscles, if you use any)

THANKS SO MUCH IF YOU CAN HELP, btw sry if its too much to ask for, and even sicne ou are leaving, -_-
you dont have to help me,

Level 5
I have no anatomybook myself since I belive in watching people do stuff rather than watching drawings and use perfect people in my own drawings.
Use a lot of photos instead. google for them and you'll find a lot. Or look at deviantart's stock-photos.

with the nose I just take it really basic here. A nose is mainly built of shadows, since it's a triangular shape.
A fault people usually do, is to draw lines instead of shadows. a nose built of lines, just look funny.
I order to make a good nose, first chose a nose to have as your reference. I mainly use my own nose or my best friends, depending on how aristocratic I want the pic to look. And I have tons of photos to look at noses.

First, I always begin to shadow one side. you should shade a triangular shape (kind of hard to explain this), reaching down to the.. wings of the nose, whatever they are called. Ahh, I'll just post a pic of it. It saves me words.
shade above those little wings aswell, the nostrils, and the roundness of the nose.

The width of the nose, is usually the same as the width of an eye. the nose should be a third of your face (yes, a third, it covers the middlepart of your head).

And now I have looked through my photoarchive without finding one clear pic of a nose. >_<
nose6ea.jpg

I did a bright sketch of a nose (lower the brightness of the screen if it's too bright, I tried to fix it with my stupid scanner but it hates me :cry:), as you can see, I have done that triangular shape of the shading to the left, something you can see on the tiny photo aswell, just on the other side.
the photo also highlightes a straight line from the top of the nose, almost reaching the left nostril, something my pic lacks, and therefor, looks less alive.

If you understood anything of it, enjoy. otherwise, tell me and I will be more awake the next time I answer questions. :wink:

And no, do not mock my nose in the photo. I love my nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.