• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Help needed to create a Hero selection system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Hey, if im posting wrong just move it to where it need to be.

I wanna either request help reguarding making a hero selection system, if it can be done easyer than the tuorial on this this site shows, then i wanna request if someone could show me how. If its not any simpler way, then i would like to request someone to take my map and do the hero selection thing, i will +rep and give credit to the one who will. If your interested PM me or something.

Level 2
The easiest possible is probably just making a tavern with heroes in a map where you only have 1 lumer or 1 food.

Example:
Hero Tavern - Sells various heroes for 1 wood.
All players is granted 1 wood when the game starts and is never used for anything else.

Level 12
There are thing called "Tutorials".
Ge I wonder what those things are for.
And those awful buttons named Search :p

Level 17
Those buttons were coded by evil government organizations funded by slimy alien races from outer space.
They are EVIL.

But actually. You didn't state what kind of hero selection system you want. A tavern selection system should be a nobrainer. A click selection system or a wisp-to-circle-of-power type is not hard either. And yes, there are nice tutorials on them. Like.. A thousand.. I wish those aliens weren't so evil so I could read them and help you..

Level 36
Look firstly, i said in the post that i wanted something more EASY than the TUTORIALS for this site, stating i have allready read the tutorials... lol...

And secondly, ive gotten all help i need, so theres no need to reply any more, anyways, thanks for the help to anyone who had that intention.

Level 24
Hmm, I might be able to give out a better method. (It will look cooler).

Method One:

• Hero
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (HeroSelection1)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint1 = Center of (SpawnPoint))
      • Unit - Create 1 Hero1 for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint1 facing Default building facing degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint1)
Method Two:

• Hero
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -paladin as An exact match
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -paladin as An exact match
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -paladin as An exact match
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -paladin as An exact match
    • Conditions
      • If Hero# > 1
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint1 = (Center of (SpawnPoint))
      • Unit - Create 1 Paladin for (Triggering Player)) at TempPoint1 facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Hero# = 0
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint1)
For the Text-based is kinda hard to make.

For the first method put the regoins inside of COPs

Level 17
I never understand people how do they expect others to offer an easier to understand help than tutorials. Tutorials are supposed to be easy, compact and they should tell you about everything from a certain topic. Reading a tutorial on this = 5 minutes, posting here, checking for replies, experiment with the suggested solutions = hours.
And no offense meant.

Level 5
If you do a tavern, you can make them free, but use triggers to limit the amount of heroes per player to 1 and adding all of your custom heroes into the hero list in gameplay constants.

Level 36
Ive gotten all the help i need, and have found a way to do it now, tanks. and for emperor, i read the tutorial on this trigger, but it was long hard and confusing, and surely is for those who want a fancy way of creating the system without any leachs etc..etc.. but i just needed an easy one, which there were no tutorials on, at least that i didnt find. and once again thanks for the help guys :D

Level 12
Well actually the hero selection system(unless done in an unbelievably horrible way) is not a big issue about leaks. After all the triggers in it will run once and only once(per player at most) so they will not cause any real lag.
But yes having 6 more KB of memory lost for all eternity(or atleast till the end of the game) is kinda bad.

Level 6
easy bum ppl only understand bum ppl so thats why he couldn't understand the tutorial...
J/K J/K
ok you could use the tavern and make it so that heroes don't cost anything so that you can still use the lumber and gold for there things you might need later on

Status
Not open for further replies.