• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Hero Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've got a hero selection system, however everytime I pick a hero it allows me to pick another hero. How can I stop it from happening? I've made the Gameplay constants to only my custom heroes.

Level 6
You could make an simple boolean, named something like "Hero_Sected" and when somone picks a hero, you set "Hero_Sected" equal to True, then make an if - then - else action, if Hero_Sected Equal to True - Clear Selection for (Triggering Player), else (your action)

Level 4
I agree with MYHummeR, just make a Boolean variable and when they pick a hero check if the variable is True (already selected hero). If it is then cancel the hero selection and if its not then give them the hero and set the variable to True.

Level 3
Why don't you make it that the unit that select's the unit, and remove it from game

Like : Wips are the unit you choosen for selecting your unit, make that the triggering unit
with conditions, than make a loop that will remove the triggering unit, hope it clears up

(this goes for every heroes, so alot of these things for alot of heroes

Level 10
It leaks, you could select the hero what is selected and spawned in-game by another player and get it...

Now this works for me, If you need something more, just ask...

Get 2 rects/regions:
1. Is rect/region where heros what can be selected and played stands
2. Is the rect/region where selected hero will be moved from Hero selection area to rect/region where hero should spawn...

The Trigger's (Here is trigger with multiplayer example):
  • Select hero Red
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Hero Selection Location <gen> contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to (==) True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of Hero Spawn Location <gen>)
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Triggering unit) to Player 1 (Red) and Change color
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
  • Select hero Blue
    • Events
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of Hero Spawn Location <gen>)
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Triggering unit) to Player 2 (Blue) and Change color
  • Select hero Teal
    • Events
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Triggering unit) to Player 3 (Teal) and Change color
And so on...

Status
Not open for further replies.