• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help need re spawn system for my map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hii guys i need help in my map for a respawn system.
my map has 2 teams the other one is the humans and the other one is zombies but what i want is every time a zombie dies it respawn as a different random zombie and the humans wont see it at first then the respawned zombie needs to find a blind spot so that he can spawn
its like in Left for Dead if you have played the game
please help me really need it in my map ill give credits to anyone who can help thanks

Level 21
Hii guys i need help in my map for a respawn system.
my map has 2 teams the other one is the humans and the other one is zombies but what i want is every time a zombie dies it respawn as a different random zombie and the humans wont see it at first then the respawned zombie needs to find a blind spot so that he can spawn
its like in Left for Dead if you have played the game
please help me really need it in my map ill give credits to anyone who can help thanks

What you are asking for is complicated at the least. I'll see what I can do.
EDIT: Here's how I would do it.
  • ZombieRespawn
    • Events
      • Time - Every 14.90 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • (Number of units in ZombieGroup) Less than (<) 100
    • Actions
      • Set TempPointA = (Random point in (Playable map area))
      • -------- 1024 is the sight range. --------
      • Set TempGroup = (Units within 1024.00 of TempPointA)
        • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (Terrain pathing at TempPointA of type Walkability is off) Equal to (==) False
            • (TempGroup is empty) Equal to (==) True
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Create 1 ZombieType[(Random integer number between 1 and ZombieTypes)] for Player 12 (Brown) at TempPointA facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
            • Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to ZombieGroup
          • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPointA)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)
  • ZombieDie
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is in ZombieGroup) Equal to (==) True
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Remove (Triggering unit) from ZombieGroup

Level 4
what i mean is just like in Left for Dead when the special infected dies example is when a hunter dies it respawn as a boomer but its more like a ghost and you have to find a place where no one can see you and you got to press e and spawn as a real boomer
its really hard to explain but you can watch Left for Dead gameplays at youtube to see what i mean

Level 21
what i mean is just like in Left for Dead when the special infected dies example is when a hunter dies it respawn as a boomer but its more like a ghost and you have to find a place where no one can see you and you got to press e and spawn as a real boomer
its really hard to explain but you can watch Left for Dead gameplays at youtube to see what i mean

Well that seems easier. Just make the special undead invisible and create an ability that checks for units in range just like my trigger does.

Level 21
how about you can only press e after 10 seconds

I made it differently. I made it so that it's possible to press it at any time, but you will start with very low health.
Also, I made it so that it allows any amount of zombies per player and that it can be used for AI if you ever decide to do that.

It works for heroes and normal units.
Try it out and tell me what you think.

Attachments

• Zombiestuff.w3x
    14.3 KB · Views: 26
Level 4
wow thanks for the help man
but i lost my flash drive and i lost my map :goblin_cry:
i guess i have to start all over again

Status
Not open for further replies.