• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Help! my skin isnt showing up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Lord Raymond, is this for a campaign or is it just a scenario? A potential strike can come through the cause of two types.

Sometimes it depends on the loss of quality, while texturing. Would you mind posting the jpg format of it to have a look? There are plenty of reasons why that skin wouldn't work. I came along with this issue once, though, and i realized it was a matter of quality; it contained some extra pixels in the dark areas (which are destinated for player's color), which somehow bugged the whole skin.

Last edited:
Level 9
Probably you should check these things, considering with Pharaoh's suggestions, but here are my:

1. Check if the image works properly. BLP format is often used for models
2. Ensure it is in the correct directory like what the model information is said. The model cannot be viewed properly (eventually black) if it turns out to be like this.
3. Do you do this by a test map?
4. Ensure the model works properly overall.

Probably uploading the model with the skin would be helpful or the map so that we can see how to locate and resolve the problem.

Level 2
alright i followed the tutorial to the letter (including the model) and it still cant load it. one thing, whenever i tell it to have the model file as "___.blp" it changes it to "___.mdl." I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen or not. If its a glitch somewhere please tell me. :sad:

Level 8
Ok, lets start simple. When importing a model its important that you import the mdx and blp(if it has any) files, not the zip. You will then need to change the custom path of the model, if you dont know what it is then just simply read the tutorial for the particular model, every single model on this site has a tut for it. So just read that and you should be fine. Once its imported just go to unit data select your unit that the model is for, then change the model to the imported one.

Status
Not open for further replies.