• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help me with random/Pick teams please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So I have a dialog, that gives you the option of either "random" or "pick" your team.

Random trigger: Randomly create even 4v4 teams, and create 1 archer for the first team in the top region, and the second team, in the region at the bottom.

Pick trigger: Same thing, but obviously your picking your even teams.

I hope this is the right forum.

~ Thanks in advance!

Level 28
No where in the post are you asking for any help, only stating what you have already in your map (which is interesting but not something that we can help with).
I think he has the dialog with all the options, but not the triggers to make anything happen.

I'm just curious about the functionality of those two triggers.
What if there are less than 8 players? How would the random function work? I'm assuming it will auto-balance it to 3v3 or 2v2 or something, but what about an odd number of players?
Just do 3v4 and be happy with that?

And with pick team: how exactly do these players pick their team?
Maybe with moving units to some circle of power? Maybe by typing something in chat (e.g.: "-team 1")?
I'd like to hear your opinion on this.

Level 2
No problem, I enjoy reading posts.

So what do you need help with? No where in the post are you asking for any help, only stating what you have already in your map (which is interesting but not something that we can help with).

Ahhh I'm sorry I was in a hurry. Let me clear some things up.

I already have the dialog box setup. I just need some trigger help with the random teams (trigger) and the pick teams (trigger)

If player 1 red presses the random teams trigger, I want it to automatically detect how many players are in the game, and split the teams evenly in two. It doesn't bother me if it splits the teams into 2v3 or 3v4.

If player 1 clicks the pick teams button, I want player 1 red to be able to choose his team.

@ap0colypse For the pick team preferably, I want it to pan all the players camera to a certain spot in the map, create some sort of unit for players 2-7 (skip player red) and if that unit is clicked, it will kill/remove/explode that unit and put the owner of that unit on player 1 red's team. If a player is not picked to be on red's team, they go on an opposing team. If you can make this so player 1 red can only pick half of the players IN THE GAME to be on his team, that would be great.

But for 'Pick Team' I don't want player 1 red to be able to make teams un-even!

I just need help creating these triggers, because I've been trying and I keep failing.

I think that's explained pretty well. Any further questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.