• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

help, loading up models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
help, i can't load up models from this webste properly. i have tried eveything but i feel i am still doing somthing wrong!!!! i am making a new map and my friend told me to come here for wickid mods. i dl the file and import it into manager, cange the file to custom, load it onto new custom units but it dosen't work. it shows nothing, when i place a unit, it appears as a green/black square and says unable to load.

i would be very grateful for any help =D

Level 21
It's probably the most asked question on the forum.

If you take a look at a model like this one, you'll notice it reads "skins" somewhere. In this example you can see that there's a red sentence that reads "Textures\BGIIPiano.blp" or something like that. It means that included in the model there are 1 or more .blp files. Those files are SKINS. When importing the model, you must also import those .blp files, and more important: in the IMPORT MANAGER, you must change the PATH of this texture to the red sentence.

To follow the piano example: you must import "BGIIPiano.blp" into your map, and then double-click this file in the import manager. Next you change the path of this file into "Textures\BGIIPiano.blp".

Whenever a model shows up as a green/black checkerbox, you probably didn't change the path of those textures.

Note that, after importing a model, you need to refresh the textures. To do so, save your map and either restart World Edit, or alternatively, save your map and go to "File, preferences, video" and then change your texture preferences to medium, high or low. The textures will be refreshed then.

Level 32
How to Import Custom Models provides complete, detailed instructions about model importing.

[self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=360"]First post subressor?

peonforum.gif

!ntroduce yourself to The Hive![/self]

Status
Not open for further replies.