• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

loading screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello, how can i use a wc3 screenshot as a loading screen? (i have also saved it in jpg if this is easier)
i tried to import it, but then it sais sth like "no existing imported files" in the loading screen manager.
i saw in another map that the creator used a .mdx file, so i opened the picture and resaved it as .mdx file, i could select the file then, but the loading screen was completely black
can you help me? :confused:

Level 13
i don't know excactly what you mean, i used a square picture (842x842) in the model editor, then generated a .blp file and saved it as .mdx file, then i imported the .mdx file into the wc3 editor and selected it for loading screen, but the ingame loadingscreen is completely black

Level 19
NO NO you doing it all wrong...

go to Extras-> Loading Screen and use it. After you done with it you'll need to import mdx and blp file

Level 13
this is just what i did, i attached a picture of the model editor
next thing i did was pressing "ok" and go to "file" ---> "save as"
i saved it as "loadscreen.mdx" then i imported the .mdx and the .blp file into the editor. then i go to scenario --> map - loadscreen options (don't know the correct englishtanslation) ---> use imported file: loadscreen.mdx
but the loadscreen is black

Attachments

• model editor.JPG
    model editor.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 135
Status
Not open for further replies.