• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help in noob spell (possibly object editor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello, I am trying to create a spell that when a unit casts a certain spell the unit will transform into a tent and cannot move but will still retain it's identity as a unit variable.
How do I do this?

TY in advanced to all who helped!!

Level 9
Will the unit still retain it's identitiy as a unit variable?
For example the footman is the one that's gonna become the tent:
There's a trigger that says:
Trigger 0: Map init, set variable = set (footman001) as (footman) / footman is the unit variable btw
Trigger 1: Every 0.05 seconds of game time, follow camera to (footman)

If the footman transforms to tent..will Trigger 1 still work? Or will the camera still focus on the tent every 0.05 seconds of game time?

tnx!! yay!!

Level 9
Transform? What do you mean?
If you mean transform like a Demon Hunter's untimate ability - so yes, it will work.
But if you want to replace footman with triggers, you need to set the variable again in the trigger when you will replace him.

Level 9
Yes...demon hunter's ultimate ability...I think that's what I'm referring to...but the tent must not move...I was thinking of the gargoyle stone form ability, but things seem to go wrong everytime I do so. The tent seems to move always.

Status
Not open for further replies.