• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Turning an enemy hero into a stronger unit spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
ive seen a similar spell used in enfos...

its where a hero casts a spell (i think its an altered version of hex) but casts it on an allied hero to transform that hero into another hero.

i want a similar spell but is castable on the enemy hero to transform it into a weaker unit for a certain amount of time. how do i do this.

Level 13
Make a dummy spell that doesn't do anything, but you cast it on another unit. Then create this trigger:

Code:
Events
--Unit - Hero Begins casting an ability
Conditions
--(Ability being cast) Equal to Ability
Actions
--Unit - Replace (Target unit of ability being cast) with a Weak Unit using The old unit's relative life and mana
--Set Target_Unit = (Last replaced unit)
--Countdown Timer - Start Timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 1.00 seconds
Then make this trigger:
Code:
Events
--Time - Timer expires
Conditions
Actions
--Unit - Replace Target_Unit with a Footman using The old unit's relative life and mana
Hero = The unit with the ability.
Ability = The dummy ability.
Weak Unit = The unit you want to replace the enemy unit.
Target_Unit = Unit Variable.
Timer = A timer to count down the length the unit is replaced. You can change this to whatever length you want it to be for.

Status
Not open for further replies.