• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

another noob in need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Alright so this is my first night of trying to create my own spells, and I aparently suck badly. I've been fiddling around with mpq extractors and **** all night and I don't think I'm getting anywhere.

Reading through the other noob question posts, it seems the first step to making a new spell is to open the object editor in the war3 editor. I can't find it. I've been using the editor for months, but I only see object managers and unit editors etc. Is there a seperate program for this?

I just want to be able to make a few simple spells of my own and use them in my maps. If anyone is in a kind mood, feel free to explain to me the basics, or if this is too difficult to explain simply. Thanks!

Level 1

lol alright now I suppose my question becomes can I download and use the FT editor with the old RoC game, or would I need to upgrade my whole package?

Status
Not open for further replies.