• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Manipulating Locusted units in game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
For example i want to edit the locusts in locust swarm in-game. How do I select them in trigger editor after the spell has been cast? I tried not giving them locust in object editor and adding it after the spell was cast, but it only disables their "locust movement" that is under locust swarm...i mean they just stand there.

(i dont mean "creating or manipulating locusts in object editor, i mean using triggers)

Level 5
For example i want to edit the locusts in locust swarm in-game. How do I select them in trigger editor after the spell has been cast? I tried not giving them locust in object editor and adding it after the spell was cast, but it only disables their "locust movement" that is under locust swarm...i mean they just stand there.

(i dont mean "creating or manipulating locusts in object editor, i mean using triggers)

Locust are treated as units...you need to order them by either trigger commands or the player him/her self. I still don't understand the spell your trying to make with locust swarm, can you explain more about it? :confused:

-Orc_Tamer

Level 8
You cant select locust units with a trigger. Locust = Unselectable & Untargetable.

That's what I thought at first, too, but after a couple of minutes of experimentation, I realized it to be incorrect. While players cannot select the units, triggers can by unit type.

For the event, use whatever you want to trigger it. For the action, use

Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Player) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Locust)) and do (Actions)

This should work just fine. If you need any more specifics, just tell me.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Locousts ability seems to make them immune to some pick unit actions.
Best way is to store them in a variable since you can refer to their unit with no trouble but picking them can be difficult.

I remembering encountering this when making a spell but after a while I solved it using handle vars.

Level 6
Anyways i already fixed the problem thanks to Dalaran_Guard's solution. If ya need to know im building a spell based on the ghost army in LOTR, so i nid footmen locusts to turn green and transparent; their base damage is also based on a portion of the casting unit's AGI so i nid a way to select them. anyways, thnx for all those who replied in this forums and for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.