1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Trigger] Manipulating Locusted units in game

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by l33t5up4h4x0r, Jan 6, 2007.

1. l33t5up4h4x0r

l33t5up4h4x0r

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    For example i want to edit the locusts in locust swarm in-game. How do I select them in trigger editor after the spell has been cast? I tried not giving them locust in object editor and adding it after the spell was cast, but it only disables their "locust movement" that is under locust swarm...i mean they just stand there.

(i dont mean "creating or manipulating locusts in object editor, i mean using triggers)

2. paskovich

paskovich

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just pick every Locust unit in x range around the caster (Unit-type of matching unit is equal to Locust), you only have to include a wait in the beginning of the trigger. (Use the simple spell effect event)

3. l33t5up4h4x0r

l33t5up4h4x0r

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've already tried that, it dosent work. Somehow locust units cant really be "selected" even in editor!

4. Orc_Tamer

Orc_Tamer

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Locust are treated as units...you need to order them by either trigger commands or the player him/her self. I still don't understand the spell your trying to make with locust swarm, can you explain more about it? :confused:

-Orc_Tamer

5. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think that locust ability add them invulnerability, unselectability and some other things so you cannot mess with them.

6. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You can do it. They have it in Werewolf Trensselvenia [the dog] the maker of that is the chieftan of clan VoF so you can ask him about it.

7. dhk_undead_lord

dhk_undead_lord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You cant select locust units with a trigger. Locust = Unselectable & Untargetable.

If you want to change them simply make more locust units and change what you want and change the ability ... It works!

If you remove ability the locusts will be removed from game.

8. Dalaran_Guard

Dalaran_Guard

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's what I thought at first, too, but after a couple of minutes of experimentation, I realized it to be incorrect. While players cannot select the units, triggers can by unit type.

For the event, use whatever you want to trigger it. For the action, use

Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Player) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Locust)) and do (Actions)

This should work just fine. If you need any more specifics, just tell me.

9. paskovich

paskovich

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, that's exactly what i've written...

10. Dalaran_Guard

Dalaran_Guard

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I was simply giving the exact scripting.

BTW, what were you talking about with the wait? Do you mean that you need to wait so that you can select all the locusts?

11. paskovich

paskovich

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Exactly! When you cast the spell, it takes a bit of time for the Crypt Lord to release ALL the Locusts.

12. Dalaran_Guard

Dalaran_Guard

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Okay, gotcha. Just wasn't 100% sure if thats what you were saying. I suppose if you wanted to, you could release them all at once, but you would still need a miniscule wait time.

13. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Locousts ability seems to make them immune to some pick unit actions.
    Best way is to store them in a variable since you can refer to their unit with no trouble but picking them can be difficult.

I remembering encountering this when making a spell but after a while I solved it using handle vars.

14. l33t5up4h4x0r

l33t5up4h4x0r

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Anyways i already fixed the problem thanks to Dalaran_Guard's solution. If ya need to know im building a spell based on the ghost army in LOTR, so i nid footmen locusts to turn green and transparent; their base damage is also based on a portion of the casting unit's AGI so i nid a way to select them. anyways, thnx for all those who replied in this forums and for your help.