• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help! Full shared unit control not working?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, I just registered so yeah I'm kinda new to this.

But I have a bit of a problem.
I've made a map where I am controlling 4 different teams and I've turned on full shared unit control but.. The problem is that the resources don't work correctly. It's like they aren't divided.

Say I use a Night Elf Hero (Pink in this case) and I go to a Mercenary camp or another Neutral Passive shop/building and I try to buy something it will tell me I don't have enough gold EVEN THOUGH I DO WITH THAT TEAM, and I found out its because Orc (Player Red) doesn't have enough money for it.

And on Mercenary Camps when I have enough money on both teams I go with Pink and buy a for example Ogre, that Ogre spawns as a Red ogre and is on Reds team!

Idk why it's not divided and why it isn't working. If anyone can please explain and help me out by any means that would be greatly appreciated!

~ Nanaki

Level 14
This is because actions like hiring from a Tavern / Merc Camp or buying items from a Merchant are always done by the player clicking the train order - but isn't the case when you train a unit from a Barracks, as it's not possible for another player to action that order.

If you think about, the only times you get this kind of shared control is at the end of the Night Elf Campaign in Frozen Throne (when you control Malfurion's base and Illidan's base) - but note that there aren't any shops or merchants there.

I don't even know if there is a simple solution to this - if anything, you'd have to implement a pretty bonkers set of workarounds for it... or abandon the idea and try something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.