• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

help for my map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
1. how do i swich monster for each wave like the clock says wave starts in 5 seconds w/e then a monster come out then when the time runs out again how do i swich the unit type thats coming out?

2. how do i make a command that skips the rest of the time like its 50 seconds and player red types -skip how do i make that command skip the timer and gets on with the rest of the game.

3. when i put a melee model over a unit that shoots stuff what do i change so the model can do meele instead of shooting stuff? plz show what it would says like -art projectile w/e you no what i meen =)

4. how do i make the black area go away like so all players can see the map because when i make the trigger i put

Untitled Trigger 007
Events
Conditions
Actions
Visibility - Disable black mask
Visibility - Disable fog of war

5. how do i change the amount of money givin when unit is killed like some1 kills a unit how do i change the amount of money that came from the unit killed

6. well thats all i can think of so plz post some answers.

Level 22
1. I use a Unit-Type array variable to store all the unit types. Then, use an integer variable to keep track of which level and use that as the index of the array.

2. There should be a timer command like set time remaining. Just set it to one or so.

3. I don't really understand what's going on here. What have you done to the model, exactly?

• Reveal
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Visibility across (Playable map area)
5. I usually use a trigger, though you can use the build-in bounty system. To change the amount given, go into the unit itself in the Object Editor and locate the Stats - Gold Bounty Awarded fields. Works the same way as attack damage.

Level 4
> 1. I use a Unit-Type array variable to store all the unit types. Then, use an integer variable to keep track of which level and use that as the index of the array.

so what would the trigger look like?

Level 22
Here's one I use.
You can ignore most of it, but look at the Create 1 Creeps[Level]... part. Creeps is a Unit-Type array variable. Level is an integer variable.
See the trigger after for what I do to store the creeps.

• Spawn
    • Events
      • Time - SpawnTimer expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Sound - Play Warning <gen>
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (|cff00ff33 + ((Wave + (String(Level))) + has been released.|r))
      • Countdown Timer - Hide SpawnTimerWindow
      • Leak Management - Destroy Players
      • Set Players = (All players matching ((((Matching player) controller) Equal to User) and (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing)))
      • For each (Integer B) from 1 to ((Number of players in Players) x 10), do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempPoint = (Center of Path1Regions[1])
          • Unit - Create 1 Creeps[Level] for Player 12 (Brown) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Set (Last created unit) movement speed to 250.00
          • Set Some_Unit = (Last created unit)
          • Set Max_Hp = ((LifeBase x Level) + (Integer((Power(20.00, (1.00 + (0.05 x (Real(Level)))))))))
          • Trigger - Run Set Max Hp <gen> (checking conditions)
          • Leak Management - Remove TempPoint
          • Set TempPoint = (Center of Path2Regions[1])
          • Unit - Create 1 Creeps[Level] for Player 12 (Brown) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
          • Set Max_Hp = ((LifeBase x Level) + (Integer((Power(20.00, (1.00 + (0.05 x (Real(Level)))))))))
          • Set TempPoint = (Center of Path3Regions[1])
          • Set TempPoint = (Center of Path4Regions[1])
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
  • Set Up Units
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set CreepSize = 10
      • Set Creeps[1] = Wisp
      • Set Creeps[2] = Peasant
      • Set Creeps[3] = Acolyte
      • Set Creeps[4] = Peon
      • Set Creeps[5] = Chicken
      • Set Creeps[6] = Frog
      • Set Creeps[7] = Rabbit
      • Set Creeps[8] = Raccoon
      • Set Creeps[9] = Stag
      • Set Creeps[10] = Dark Troll

Level 4
this is what my trigger looks like

Untitled Trigger 005
Events
Time - Nextlevel expires
Conditions
Actions
Set enemylevel = (enemylevel + 1)
Unit - Create 1 unittype[enemylevel] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region 001 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit Group - Order (Last created unit group) to Attack-Move To (Center of (Playable map area))
Unit - Create 1 unittype[enemylevel] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region 002 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit Group - Order (Last created unit group) to Attack-Move To (Center of (Playable map area))
Unit - Create 1 unittype[enemylevel] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region 002 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
Set enemies = (Units in Region 001 <gen>)
Set enemies = (Units in Region 002 <gen>)
Set enemies = (Units in Region 003 <gen>)

and

Untitled Trigger 008
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Set unittype[1] = Genosian
Set unittype[2] = Super Battle Droid
Set unittype[3] = Genosian
Set unittype[4] = Genosian

Level 22
1. Use Trigger tags.

2. This is not needed:

• Set enemies = (Units in Region 001 <gen>)
  • Set enemies = (Units in Region 002 <gen>)
  • Set enemies = (Units in Region 003 <gen>)
All you need now is a trigger to start the timer....

Level 4
but dont i need those so when the units spawn at these certain points because im make like these 3 spots wich are caves and theres regions for where they spawn so dont i need those?

Level 22
> dont i need those so when the units spawn at these certain points because im make like these 3 spots wich are caves and theres regions for where they spawn so dont i need those?

No.
You're not doing anything with them, besides, you're overwriting that variable each time.

See here:

• Unit - Create 1 unittype[enemylevel] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region 001 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
That takes care of the position. Though, it does leak, but I would recommend waiting a bit before reading leak tutorials.

Level 4
never mind i got to work yes!!! dude thank you!!!!!!!!! i love you but i dont really love you just one more question how do i combine different kind of unit types and where do i put in something that says like wave 2 then its over then wave 3 how do i make it say that? umm also how do i make 2 teams? because on the loading screen and when i try to host it, it has a open spot its suppose to be closed for computer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.