• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help Find Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello, I need help to find suitable icons for some actions/abilities (they can be either custom or vanilla):

-Declaring War
-Allying Someone
-Unally Someone/Neutral
-Share Control

These would be actions a nation could use to interact with other nations/players.

Basically what would fit and describe best these actions/abilities?

Level 20
Perhaps you haven't noticed, but there's an icon repository on the Hive. You can find it by mousing over the "Maps & Resources" button in the top panel and selecting "Icons". Or you can follow this link:

Icons | HIVE

Generally, I believe that it's best that you go through the custom icons yourself and simply pick the icons that you like the most. Don't forget to use the search function to narrow down the list of icons :)

As for your questions:

1. War - weapons, prefferably swords, crossed.
2. Alliance - hand-shake, shield.
3. Cancel Alliance - whatever you picked for Alliance with a red X mark over it.
4. Share Control - puppet master, flags, helms.

---

I think I once saw a nice icon with two swords clashing and one with two hands shaking in the Hive's icon section, so you should be able to find that.

Since these are pretty much command buttons, I'd encourage you to start your search by looking for "command" :)

Last edited:
Level 3
Have you looked through vanilla and our custom icons?

Yes, I have, though Hive has many icons and there is no good keyword that would help me find a suitable icon.

My problem is that I do not know what type of icon would fit best the action it completes, like declaring war could be a sword or an angry fist, but what would best represent an action like allying someone or sharing control.

Generally, I think it you should go through the available icons yourself and simply pick what you like best.

As for your questions:

1. Declaring war - two weapons, prefferably swords, clashing.

2. Alliance - hand-shake or a shield.

3. Cancel alliance - I'd just find an icon for the alliance action like the one listed above, ask the author to edit it and then simply put a red X mark over it.

4. Share control - honestly, no idea here. Maybe something with puppet master, helms, flags, etc.

---

I think I once saw a nice icon with two swords clashing and one with two hands shaking in the Hive's icon section, so you should be able to find that.

Since these are pretty much command buttons, I'd encourage you to start your search by looking for "command" :)

I tried to search for a hand shake icon but I've found no results, though your ideas are helpful.

Last edited:
Level 3
Thank you, now if you have any other ideas for Unally and Share Control do share them. Otherwise I'll arbitrarily pick a icon and with time it will become associate with the certain action.

Status
Not open for further replies.