• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help (Displayable Countdown timer) (preferably in JASS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Can anybody help or teach me how to make a displayable countdown timer for bombs or anything? I can make one, but the countdown gets messed up whenever i put up the second bomb with the timer. Please anyone...

Level 3
I know JASS (see my blink strike spell)

I know JASS, it is the loops problem, the memory is not leaking as both things happen at the same time, (what i am talking about is the messed up time show, try making one and you will see what i mean) This is what i did

function Trig_Poison_Bomb_Conditions takes nothing returns boolean
if ( not ( GetUnitTypeId(GetTriggerUnit()) == 'oeye' ) ) then
return false
endif
return true
endfunction

function Trig_Poison_Bomb_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
set udg_i = 60
loop
exitwhen ( udg_i == 0 ) or (IsUnitDeadBJ(GetTriggerUnit()) == true )
set udg_i = udg_i - 1
call DestroyTextTagBJ( udg_Timers[GetUnitUserData(GetTriggerUnit())] )
call CreateTextTagLocBJ( I2S(( udg_i )), OffsetLocation(GetUnitLoc(GetTriggerUnit()), -32.00, 0), 32.00, 10, 100, 100, 100, 0 )
set udg_Timers[GetUnitUserData(GetTriggerUnit())] = GetLastCreatedTextTag()
call TriggerSleepAction( 1.00 )

endloop
call DestroyTextTagBJ( udg_Timers[GetUnitUserData(GetTriggerUnit())] )
call CreateNUnitsAtLoc( 1, 'hfoo', GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()), GetUnitLoc(GetTriggerUnit()), bj_UNIT_FACING )
call UnitApplyTimedLifeBJ( 300.00, 'BTLF', GetLastCreatedUnit() )
call IssuePointOrderLocBJ( GetLastCreatedUnit(), "deathanddecay", GetUnitLoc(GetTriggerUnit()) )
call ExplodeUnitBJ( GetTriggerUnit() )

endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Poison_Bomb takes nothing returns nothing
set gg_trg_Poison_Bomb = CreateTrigger( )
call TriggerRegisterEnterRectSimple( gg_trg_Poison_Bomb, GetPlayableMapRect() )
call TriggerAddCondition( gg_trg_Poison_Bomb, Condition( function Trig_Poison_Bomb_Conditions ) )
call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Poison_Bomb, function Trig_Poison_Bomb_Actions )
endfunction

Level 11
Don't you take me with texts like "I know JASS" when I can obviously see that what you've done here was just a conversion from GUI to JASS. You even left the globals (and so, you practically didn't change a thing int he script). I really suggest you have a look into my tutorial since what you used were globals, and with globals you obviously can't obtain multi-instanceability. And if you know JASS but you simply didn't use locals, then you really can't make efficient JASS. Learn to use locals!

~Daelin

Level 3
yeah please, i cant understand Many Vex spells cause i dont know handlers. It would be a very gd and fine addition to the JASS tutorial. Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.