• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help change job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hey can someone make me a system..
when a hero reach certain level will change his job.
example:
peasant:when reached level 20 will change to footman and when reached lvl 50 will change to knight

i have 5 clases that will change jobs

im realy noob in triggering full of leaks(and very-very noob)
so i realy need this help please

and btw my map is single player(red)
yet i have 5 jobs(or more) to choose from

i want each class can change jobs

so if somebody have spare time can you please help me make this system i realy appreciate it and of course + rep

p.s:while making the triggers can put a little documentation in some important points?
im real like just 30% knowledge of GUI..help is appreciated

Level 9
i use the existing triggers and i have few friends that help me do the triggers but i dont want to burden them much as i already asking them a lot of system...and triggers

so im not asking about will my project die or not..please read the thread..i know its simple so read the thread again..(im noob in GUI okay?)

and if u cant help i also dont want you to waste ur energy by typing nonsense..

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
like this? as long the new uni the unit is replaced with got an inventory he keeps his items.
  • Upgrade units
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) Equal to 20
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Replace (Leveling Hero) with a Footman using The old unit's relative life and mana
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) Equal to 50
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Replace (Leveling Hero) with a Knight using The old unit's relative life and mana
        • Else - Actions

Level 9
wow nice..is that leakless?

btw i got a custom inventory will the items from the custom inv will transfer aswell?how to make it transfer?

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
hehe sure give me a min :)

EDIT
here you go i was needed to change somethings in the trigger the hero could not be replaced with another hero so i made it replace to a normal unit and after that be a hero.

to store the items make sure the first replaced unit got hero inventory

Attachments

• upgrade untis.w3x
    13.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Level 3
Here's another, it's almost the same thing, just gives the items, selection and all that.

The trigger may be long, but it is really simple, it's just spamming the same thing 3 times.

Trigger
  • Change
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Leveling Hero)) Equal to Paladin
          • (Unit-type of (Leveling Hero)) Equal to Archmage
          • (Unit-type of (Leveling Hero)) Equal to Mountain King
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Leveling Hero)) Equal to Mountain King
          • (Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Turn collision for (Triggering unit) Off
          • Set P[0] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 Archmage for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at P[0] facing (Facing of (Casting unit)) degrees
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_P[0])
          • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Hero - Create (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A))) and give it to (Last created unit)
          • Selection - Select (Last created unit) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the left hand of (Last created unit) using war3mapImported\Luger.mdx
          • Unit - Set mana of (Last created unit) to (Mana of (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Set life of (Last created unit) to (Percentage life of (Triggering unit))%
          • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Leveling Hero)) Equal to Archmage
          • (Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) Equal to 3
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Paladin for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at P[0] facing (Facing of (Casting unit)) degrees
            • Loop - Actions
              • Hero - Create (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A))) and give it to (Last created unit)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the left hand of (Last created unit) using war3mapImported\Luger.mdx
          • Unit - Set life of (Last created unit) to (Percentage life of (Triggering unit))%
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Leveling Hero)) Equal to Paladin
          • (Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) Equal to 4
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Blood Mage for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at P[0] facing (Facing of (Casting unit)) degrees
            • Loop - Actions
        • Else - Actions
And here is the map below, just change the variables. I set it so that it only spawns basic heroes.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=4bz5y8

Status
Not open for further replies.