1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Help] Help about the map creation

Discussion in 'Game Development' started by Tonial, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Tonial

Tonial

Resources:
    Resources:
    So, i want creat a mod for Warcraft 3.
    but I have not any idea how to start it :/
    So what I wanted to know, is where do I start (for example, the creation of maps, or skin, or spells, etc.), for me to have a base and start my project.
    Sorry for bad english, I'm Brazilian and do not speak English fluently, and I missed where to place this topic I ask you to forgive me too.
    thanks for the help from ja
    Tonial :)

2. Xonok

Xonok

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Most of the people here seem to have learned just by doing stuff. I personally focus a lot on making spells. Do you have any specific idea in mind for what kind of project you want to make?

3. Tonial

Tonial

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah

Yes. I want to make a rpg map for bleach.
    Not these rpg you find around, to choose characters and they go evolving
    รจ something different that I have in mind.
    except I do not know how to start it, for example, if I start trying to create skin bleach monsters, or quest, or drop the item and etec.
    It must be very hard to do this, even more alone .. :vw_death:

4. Flux

Flux

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I highly suggest browsing the tutorial section. Top left corner.
    If you see an interesting tutorial you want to learn, read it and learn. Though you also need to do actual WE stuffs not just read. Experience is the best teacher as they say.

5. Tonial

Tonial

Resources:
    Resources:
    thanks bro.
    it may take years to complete my project, because I have not much time to "study" the tools and get to work on my ideas, but anyway
    thanks! :goblin_yeah:

6. Flux

Flux

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    If you will be the one who will also do the skins and models, then it will take a lot of time.
    If you're looking for anime models, I recall chaosrealm has a lot of those kind of models. That way, you can focus more on the map, items, spells, gameplay, etc.

7. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    You might want to look into SC2 modding. WC3 is kind of old and dated now.

8. Wietlol

Wietlol

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I suggest you to start with the basics.
    You can play WoW without gear, you can play WoW without quests, you can play WoW without items, you can play WoW without abilities, you can... uhm can't play WoW without a character.

Find the things that are required to have the very basics of the game (a playable character, victory/defeat conditions, a piece of the map where you can test out your stuff, etc.) then make those.
    Everything else can be added later on.