• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hellsing Ultimate Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
With every episode of this anime I watch, I feel like I'm dragged more and more into its voilent stupidity. I kind of liked the first episode, because even though it was obviously way too voilent, it looked like it still could at least deliver some resemblance of what I'd like to describe as "interesting".

Now I have forced myself through five 50 minutes long episode, and I gotta say that everything I see is voilence, sexual image flashes, nazis, vampires, zombies and something looks like an KKK army. WTF? No signs of any sort of half-intellectual context, and few of the dialogs actually do more than encourage braindead voilence, which--trust me--gets REALLY uninteresting after you have seen it more than once.

All I have to say is that I am really dissapointed about this anime, because the animation looks like they actually had not that bad a budget to spend. Talk about wasting money on a trash story.

If anyone has another opinion about this anime could you please enlighten me how I am supposed to view it differently? I am simply incredibly frustrated that I spent four hours of my life waiting for something to happen, while in the meantime my IQ was decreased by 30 points...

Level 35
It has nazi vampires in it. Enough reason not to care about the story, imo.

Seriously, though. The point of Hellsing is not to fuck your brain with the impossible-to-figure-out storyline, animes in general are not known for that. It exists to serve as brainless entertainment and awesomeness produced through high-quality animation (and vampire nazis <3).

Also, the storyline is almost letter by letter based on the manga, hence the OVA title. The developers weren't supposed to touch that part, they only shortened it a bit (they also fucked up the coloring of the Fallschirmjäger troops attacking the Eagle, but that's something else).

Level 34
The story makes all the potential filled action boring though...

It is very hard for creators to make up a new original story that doesn't resemble a previous episode's story. In overall, no exceptions, on the long run, series of all kinds tend to derail themselves by repeated events, actions and clichés. The result is that the next episode will be weirder than the previous one.

I'd like to see filmdirectors make a movie that has nothing else but pure action. No flashbacks or romance sidestories, just pure action. Would be cool.

Level 17
Well, I have to agree, I haven't watched Hellsing to its end. It wasn't the type of anime I liked although I often say I like any kind of splatter anime (which I later realized is pure nonsense). Animes containing Nazi shit makes me *rolleyes* because I prefer the sort of entertainment that is not based on such historical events. Srsly, Nazi shit is not a single bit of entertainment <.< but meeh, before this is going too off-topic - yes, you're right, braindead violence gets uninteresting very fast. This anime is probably the best example.

Level 35
It gets interesting when the Waffen SS rapes London. It seriously stops requiring a brain with all the action heating up, but it's just sheer awesomeness. Proves to be quite an anti-climax, from what I've seen so far (last episodes are not out and I didn't read the end of the manga to avoid spoilers).

Also, I don't understand the nature of this Alucard fandom. The bad guys (well, the enemies) are even more badass. D:

Level 21
Actually, hellsing has a story, but maybe you should get out of your nutshell to see it ;)....

Whatever, Hellsing is awesome, and Alucard is the best hero, and for everyone who asks why the hero and not the enemies? Because Alucard is the ultimate beast, if you would know the whole story, you would know he is practically invincible and possesses demons which he can control, if that is not awesome, what is then?

Level 35
Status
Not open for further replies.