• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hello. I am new and I have a request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello I am new and I have a request:

I want to try to create a model and I will happy if someone will help me.

I like to try first to replace the knight head with the captain head.

I found a tutorial but it didn't help me (It was rifleman body). I will very happy if someone will guide me and explain exactly how to it. (like I said: it will be my first model).

Also if you will agree I want to try to make a model that Jaina Proudmoore will raiding on horse (the horse of Archmage).

Level 3
Thank you tow, but I want to try to this on mt own.
I just want to change the knight head with the captain head.

I can't do this in model editor?

Level 3
I never make a model before (like I said it will be my first time).
So I want to make a simple model (captain head on knight)
so if someone can help me I will be glad

Level 27
The two models that you need were made long ago, Jaina in Horse is in the russian site and the Knigh with helmet is very old.

To learn the very basics better start with peasants their skeleton is easier to work.

You need: Retera's Matrix eater to attack bones and transfer animations.
MDLVIS: To manipulate textures and the mesh.
MAGOS: You can see the animations, add and remove bones quickly.

Jaina on Horse by satreas.
King Minas, unknown.

Attachments

• JainaOnHorse.mdx
    200.6 KB · Views: 43
  • kingminas.mdx
    193.6 KB · Views: 44
Level 3
The two models that you need were made long ago, Jaina in Horse is in the russian site and the Knigh with helmet is very old.

To learn the very basics better start with peasants their skeleton is easier to work.

You need: Retera's Matrix eater to attack bones and transfer animations.
MDLVIS: To manipulate textures and the mesh.
MAGOS: You can see the animations, add and remove bones quickly.

I tryd on model editor to replace the heads, but I am stuck with the bone_head part.

I don't know what I am donig worng (I use a tutorial that I foun and I alweys get stuck in this part).

Can you tell me how to it (and if you can to it pictureas it will be better).

Abut the seconed model: I like to it myself (agine I will need a guid for start)

Level 27
Ok.

You need to import two heads to the knight model.

One head its going to be attached to the bone Portrait_Head. This head works with the normal animations, Walk, attack, etc.

The second head its going to be attached to the Dead_Portrait. This head only works in death, and decay flesh animation.

Level 27
Ok, Object04 is the name of the bone that control the head in the Rifleman model.

Blizzard was crazy naming the bones.

For example, some units have these names for their bones, Object, Mesh, Bone_Something.

In the Knight you can watch, Mesh, Object, Portrait as the names in the skeleton.

You need to put the Captain head in Portrait_Head bone.

Level 3
Sorry on that jumo but i have a new request:

Is it possible to add to the captine or footman a cloak? (like arthas)

And can someone tell me to what "bone" I need to attach it.

By the way: I still don't succeed to attach the captine head to knight.
I do exactly what the tutorial saied, but it is do not working.

Edit: I have another question: How I change the model colore? Can I do it afetr I do the model or that I need to do it before I start the mokel?

Last edited:
Level 3
I don't know what I did but the captian head is suddenly apperd (I did what I did before and only now it is work).

The problem is that the head is appeing on the torso era and I don't know how to make it apperd on the top, so I can merged it with the body

Status
Not open for further replies.