• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hello Awesome new community (to me anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hi, my name is Mladen Simovic, i am a w3 modder since game was released. never ever requested help online before. Not cus im awesome or anything, i just did not need help and little i modded w3 or playing with World Editor i had knowelege to do what i want. i was selftaught with trial and error in w3 map editor. Elem, now when im in more serius buisness of creating races or making ai that beats blizzard ai in flash, and making Blood Elves and naga and rest of w3 races even some custom ones i start seeing some bugs. like ai suddenly stop attacking even if all waves i made were gone from top to bottom more than 5 or 6 times. i would like to know why this is happening since my melle ai works ti expands change bases adapt, even use Zepelin to go to mines on island and there when its build army on island uses zepelin to fly it back to mainland(feature that most selftaught non online mapmakers cant make so easy). basicaly i wanna know why this happens (and its not something so obvius like run out of gold or wood) xD

Level 19
@ Младен
Симови
ћ

I've noticed the same and the reason is if they run out of buildings to make, the AI stops doing anything

also, if their hero levels up too high they stop as well.

the solution is to make more than one AI system for every race.

you can split it into three.

beginning AI
middle AI
rebegining

once an AI has built up a city to their highest upgrades/highest hero level, activate the middle AI which you make them build an expansion city in

then when expansion done, you run re-beginning AI where you ask them to make new hero and expand expansion city to max levels

you can do this by creating a trig that locates town halls and heroes created by players, checking to see if they are know max level.

it will look something like this

event
hero levels up
building upgraded

condition
player owner controlled by computer

action
if upgrading building equal to town hall, castle....etc

condition-
building upgraded to final level

action-
AI assign script AI middle