• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Helghast

A neat little helghast soldier based on an awesome concept image i found, scratch modeled in 3ds max. This is made to go with my LAR rifle.
(Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/sta-52-assault-rifle-146600/)

This model has 12 animations including a spell throw animation, in wich he tosses a grenade.
The "Stand Hit" animation is also very usefull for helghast metal concerts.

The texture is 100% freehand and i designed it specifically to be somewhat user friendly incase someone wants to make a skin, and i kept the gas mask intact beneath the scarf so that you may apply alpha to it without ending up with a hole in his face.

Attatchment points:
origin
hand, left
hand, right
head
overhead
foot, left
foot, right
weapon
chest

Known issues:
*The hand left attatchment point is not perfectly aligned to the hand, and should not be used for stuff like weapon attatchments, those would naturally go on the hand right.
*The boots clip through the cloak about a milisec every walk sequence, this is not visible from a rts camera perspective.
*No team colour, but i had a nice idea for this, so it might be implemented in the future.

Keywords:
Killzone, helghast, soldier, gas mask, ps3, helghan, ISA, vekta
Contents

Helghast (Model)

Reviews
08:10, 16th Oct 2009 General Frank:
Level 2
Great Work!

Nooby Question: I made an ability to add the LAR (hand,right) to this model but it doesnt appear. Help?

Level 1
I'm sorry if i'm a complete noob for saying this but when I try attaching the LAR Rifle you made it seems to appear flying behind him when he "Does Something"(Example: The Animations like Death, Stand-1, Attack). Is this normal in the editor and will look different in-game? (BTW The rifle when imported to Hand, Right is in between his legs near his boots.)

Last edited:
You must have done something strange. Firstly, attachments aren't supposed to show up at all in the editor, they only do so ingame.

Use an ability like "sphere" and set "art-target" to the model path of the rifle, change the attachment point names field to only be "hand,right". Set any other fields to what you need them to be, then give the ability to the unit. "sphere" does not show up in the unit card so don't worry about that. You can also use "create special effect on target" to attach the rifle on him, but then you will need to remove the effect when the unit dies, otherwise it risk bugging (and leaking).