• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Height on Destructable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
found this SetDestructableOccluderHeight but dont seem to work

tried this also CreateDestructableZ but it creates them far up in the air even if u set the z 0.0001. any1 know how this works?

also btw i want the "pillars" that im trying to change height on, to go thru the ground (as when u place a doodad in the editor and holding down ctrl+page down)

Last edited:
Level 3
Got no idea what your doing to get a destructable in the air at 0.00001 height. Care you post a demo map of it?

A height of zero doesn't mean the ground of the map. Maps also have a cliff height. Meaning if you made a destructable at zero height on a map with 1 cliff height it would be about 128 points underground.

Take a look at my map to see how i tested it (seems zero cliff height is really -256 points)

The best way to change destructables in-game is to find the height of the ground then add extra height to the destructable. You'll need to destroy and create a new destructable each time. Also, you'll need to somehow store the destructables height beforehand (you cannot use triggers to get its height). As for choosing which destructable to move you'll need to find a alternative way. Maybe using dummy units for each destructable to click&select them or using a worker with the harvest ability and detecting the target.

Edit: I believe SetDestructableOccluderHeight() has to do with how high a flying unit has to be before it can see over the destructable (like a tree).

Attachments

• Hive10.w3m
    13.9 KB · Views: 67
Status
Not open for further replies.