• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heaven VS Hero Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Heaven VS Hell Siege

2znscgi.png

Hero Balance
Yes hero balancing is important for any game the requires a player owned hero.
And same goes for creeps and critters.
But if you find your self more into the hero side of things, then applying would be great.
Overall Balance
This job is just like the hero balancing job. But instead you will help with the overall creeps
and critters.
vJASS
If you are well experienced with vJASS and you feel like you would be glad to contribute to
this project then by all means, it would be a honer to have you on our team.
JASS
If you are well experienced with JASS instead of vJASS and you feel like you would glad to
contribute to this project. I will be happy to have you on my team.
GUI
GUI is the most some what preferable than vJASS amd JASS, due to GUI is what most people use.
Spells + Items
Items will play a very important role in this game. So if you think you're up to it, I would be very
happy to help with the project.

Soon to come...

- Vista sucks (Director)
- Hexcellion (Hero balancing, overall balance and items)
- Darkgamma (Hero's, Hero balancing, beta tester and terraining)
- Maddeem (GUI and Object editor spells)

- All Hero's created
- Well balanced game
- Perfectly working score board
- Perfectly working hero revival system
- All creeps + critters created
- Well designed layout
- Well designed win/loss system
- Difficulty modes [50% - easy | 100% normal | 175% hard

What is Heaven VS Hell Siege?

Heaven VS Hell Siege is obviously a Siege type game, inspired by http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/x-hero-siege-80171/?prev=search%3DX%2520hero%2520siege%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20 and http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/hell-vs-heaven-final-79198/?prev=search%3DHeaven%2520VS%2520hell%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20. The rules are fairly simple in this game and I will lay out a quick and brief description of how this game will work.

Much like http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/x-hero-siege-80171/?prev=search%3DX%2520hero%2520siege%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20 you will find your self fighting off creeps + critters. But this wont be exactly what you think.

You will have two teams Hell and Heaven, both teams will be able to hold up to 6 players on each side. So if team one looses their "Hell Stone Tower" they will loose. And if Heaven looses their "Holy Gem Tower" they will loose. So basically what you want to do is keep everything away from what you're protecting.

But this game is also a arena type game. But this I will explain some other time.
Does this game relate to any other previously created games?

I came up with a fairly cool idea of combining the game http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/hell-vs-heaven-final-79198/?prev=search%3DHeaven%2520VS%2520hell%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20 and http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/x-hero-siege-80171/?prev=search%3DX%2520hero%2520siege%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20 together. To make Heaven VS Hell Siege! This version will be a bit different from the current http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/x-hero-siege-80171/?prev=search%3DX%2520hero%2520siege%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20 because, instead of having, "lets say one team fighting off creeps n critters", "I'll make it so two teams will VS eachother." and that's how I came up with the idea of HVH Siege.

Coming soon...

Waves will be given to you like a 10 course entree meal. After the 10 entrees have been served, then the main meal comes "The boss". Each wave should last for 5-10 minuets to complete, and it will require teamwork to complete these waves. And depending on what difficulty you choose. You might fight it hard to go off and do your own thing in the game to acquire special abilities and items if you choose 100% normal for your difficulty, but it shouldn't be so bad if you have a team that knows how to work together. But if you choose 200% Hard you will find your self struggling to go elsewhere other than your base.

As for bosses, you might not require team work so much if you choose 50% easy. But if you decide to choose a harder mode. Make sure your entire team is ready. Or the current players at the team base is well prepared to fight off the bosses

For such a game like this that resembles the gamehttp://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/hell-vs-heaven-final-79198/?prev=search%3DHeaven%2520VS%2520hell%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20. In the original you could choose two different gambling options.

5vuhoj.png
- [You will have a 50% chance of getting a low level item.] [11,000 coins]
5vuhoj.png
- [You will have a 50% change of getting a high level item. [22,000 coins]

But this time I've decided to make it a lot harder to gain coins and a less % chance of getting a random item. Because in the original game you could get your self max coins in a very short time if you know what you were doing.

So making the coins harder to consume, and to make the value of 100,000 on the original game. Worth 1,000 - 2,000 on this current version

5vuhoj.png
- [You will have a 10% chance of getting a low level item.] [1,000 coins]
5vuhoj.png
- [You will have a 15% chance of getting a low level item.] [1,600]
5vuhoj.png
- [You will have a 30% chance of getting a low level item.] [4,000]

5vuhoj.png
- [You will have a 5% chance of getting a medium level item.] [10,000]
5vuhoj.png
- [You will have a 10% chance of getting a medium level item.] [25,000]

If you've been reading all of my information on this current project. You would've read that items play a very important role in this game. So I wouldn't want to make it too easy for people to consume good items, like in the original http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/hell-vs-heaven-final-79198/?prev=search%3DHeaven%2520VS%2520hell%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20.

5vuhoj.png
- [You will have a 2% chance of getting a high level item.] [80,000]

5vuhoj.png
- [You will have a 5% chance of getting a high level item.] [190,000]

I've also decided to add in a special gambling option. The ability to gamble for some of the best items in the game. But... For what price?

5vuhoj.png
- [You will have a 1% chance of getting a Elite level item.] [1,000,000]

Yes these prices may seem too high, but things will change throughout the creation of this map.

Working as a team!

I don't really want to look at my self and say, I own this idea I made this map. So as for now, I wont look at my self as much as the leader, but more as a director of the team. I'll help you create, fix and come up with ideas together as a team. When a team gets messages across nice and smoothly, and gets along well. Then I believe that this project could turn out great!
Feel like you could help?

Do you think that you could help create this project. Help it come alive? So here it is, if I have not put something on the required list. But you think that you could find your self useful in other areas of the project. Then id be glad to put you on aboard the team.

Making new loading screen...
--->Those joining the team will receive a copy of the current map

---> http://i41.tinypic.com/287p6ad.png
---> You can choose to have your name on the Emblem
---> You can choose different colours
---> You can choose the size

---> Do not use/modify the emblem without my permission

287p6ad.png

Last edited:
Level 16
This was more inspired on he game X-hero Siege and Heaven VS Hell, I don't think I've ever played the game hero line wars. But I guess its kind of the same, but at the same time. Its also a arena type game.

I have not updated this in a while and I do plan on updating it today or tomorrow, just as long its in that time period. Not much people would understand how this map would work unless, they've played the game X-hero Siege and Heaven VS Hell. This kind of project cannot be rushed, I will spend as much time on it as I need to make this map perfect.

Level 6
hey are these gonna be like X hero siege?
defending your castle choosing hero,mode,and difficulty and having a semi-final boss wave and a final boss wave?
and go to the circle to fight with monster can give you rare item could this map be like that?

Level 16
No that would be stupid for a map like this. As you're only supposed to focus on defending your base and pushing to the enemy's base. You're entire game you'll use your one hero. Unless you find some way to unlock secret heros.

Anyway I need people to come up with ideas for heros for me. I've made 23 and I need to make at least 16 strength based, 16 intelligence based and 16 agility based.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Unless you find some way to unlock secret heros.
Secret heroes are poor game design choice. In a PvP map you want your choices to be made clear and fair. I do not like seeing people going heroes I never knew existed because they looked at the map data or learned it from someone who did.

Anyway heres a free hero idea.
Forgoten Viking
Type - Str

Skill 1 - Feared Raider
Passive
The player receives extra gold/experience for enemy creep kills this hero makes (meant for the enemy). Gets a larger reward for killing enemy players (more gold/exp) with this hero. Enemy players killed by this hero take longer to revive. All of these effects have a mana cost based on the unit involved. In addition movement speed is maxamized when not at home with no nearby enemies.

Skill 2 - Celebrated commander
Active
Summons the spirits of the vikings that used to fight beside him. The viking spirits are numerous, appear randomly around the viking and have slow high damage attacks with high movement speed and medium hitpoints. Spirits fade away eventually and in doing so reheal the hero for life/energy based on the number of units they killed while active. Spirits inherit the Feared Raider passive. Has no cooldown and recasting will refresh and replensih existing spirits. Over use causes mana penalties (such as spirits dieing or being active for excessive periods of time).

Skill 3 - Master of the Axe
Passive
Grants the viking cleaving attack, critical strike bash, damage over time and additional damage (5 effects on 1 passive). Quantities from each effect are small to compensate for the number of effects given. No mana penalty for any of the effects occuring (this is the only truely passive skill).

Ultimate - Valhalla is Here
Active
Floods the area around the hero with viking spirits and Thor willl appear to rain down lightning upon enemies in the area. Viking spirits are like those described earlier but with much less life. Killed viking spirits give no reward and are recreated a second after they die. Spirits appear as a stream (over time) so may take a while to replensih if killed by a string ability. Lightning from Thor is very strong and deals a lot of magic damage. Consumes all mana when cast and has a duration based on extra mana above the casting cost.

Level 16
Secret heroes is somewhat a poor choice in game design. But things will always change though out the process of making the map and after beta testings.
And I know for sure, beta testings is when we start getting more detailed with what to fix/change/add. And a crap load of balancing.

And as for the spells, very well defined. And easy to make for me. Thanks =)

NAME: Void Inferno
TYPE: INT

Skill 1 - Shadow Walk
Active
The Void Inferno will run right though a enemey. Dealing damage and draining mana points. The hero wont gain any mana points
though this duration. But it will confuse all creeps and heros for (x) seconds.

Skill 2 - Pulse Push
Passive
There is a (x)% chance for a magical pulse to push back anything that is attackthing the Void Inferno.

Skill 3 - Render Flames
Active
The Void Inferno covers it self in flames for (x) seconds burning anything in a (x) radius doing (x) ammount of damage. And
(x) damage over time.

Skill 4 - Engulf in Flames
Active
The Void Infero will sacrifice (x) ammount of hit-points to deal massive ammounts of damage to anything targeted. Engulfing its enemy in flames.

NAME: Terror Blade
TYPE: STR

Skill 1 - Knife Party
Active
Blades will surround the hero dealing (x) damage to anything that comes near it.

Skill 2 - Bulls Eye
Passive
The hero will gain a (x)% chance to add (x) damage to Knife Party. This ability will not work with any other abilities.

Skill 3 - Soft Spot
Active
Terror Blade will take (x) seconds to find a vulnerable spot. Once the vulnerable spot has been found, Terror Blade will then
attack its enemey dealing (x)* more damage.

Skill 4 - Make it Rain
Active
Terror Blade will delay for (x) seconds. After the delay the Terror Blade will throw knifes all around
him dealing great ammounts of damage to all units nearby. And will slow all units effected by the damage by (x)% for a duration of (x).

NAME: King Vizer
TYPE: STR

Skill 1 - War-cry
Active
The King Vizer's cry will make all units near by to attack whatever the King Vizer is attack. This ability will not work on heros.

Skill 2 - Battle-cry
Active
King Vizer's Battle-cry is a lot like his War-cry, but instead this will slow all units near by for (x) seconds.

Skill 3 - Abs of Steel
Passive
(x) defence will be added to the King Vizer. And as a reward. Every time the Vizer kills a player owned hero, he'll gain (x) defence.

Skill 4 - Valkyrie Lordess
A Valkyrie will fight for as long as it can last in battle. The Valkyrie will take (x)% damage more than Vizer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.