• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heart of the Swarm trailer leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Actually im looking forward to this expansion because i finished WoL but i still have some questions and i want "More" so im excited about HotS Campaign Mode!

Level 14
If they do this Sc2 will have Uber units:
Zerg: Bunker
Protoss: Powered Mothership (Beta)
Terran: Nothing (Poor Terran)

Level 14
Rui said:
..? Which part led you to believe that? Because I think Raynor's actually trying to help her in the trailer. But the coolest part of the storyline is that Blizzard are seemingly attempting to tell people that the Zerg are not just mindless monsters -- I could be wrong, but I hope that's it. I've only been playing StarCraft for a year and the «evul Zerg» cliché is getting tiresome already.

It was just a subjective comment. For others sure, it will be the best story they ever read in their lives ! (considering everything else they read is their school work and the 3 little pigs). But for me, my hopes are not high.

Yeah, Raynor does want to try and help her... but than again all he really wants is a piece of her @$$, and he ain't getting it.

Again, from a subjective pov... i don't like how they change the view about zerg. It's like seeing an Alien with a red clown nose and big clown shoes and big clown hair... kinda like Ronald McDonald... all of a sudden... that alien isn't that scary anymore. For me... Zerg don't feel scary anymore, they feel... like a bunch of hamsters. I think at blizzcom 2010 is where blizz said 'the zerg, they are just missunderstood'. God >_>

Rui said:
Huh, source? Because what I've read is that they're actually un-nerfing the Reaper. What I was hoping is that they'd make it useful against other Terran somehow. They can't harass mains after a while because a siege tank in siege mode defending the main can blast a group of 5 to 10 Reapers with a single shot, and they can't support your army in infantry fights because they've got 50 HP and about the same range as a Marine and their gas cost is exuberant for such a waste.

They've said it.. on that Q&A session which is posted on wellplayed.org , that they might remove some units from the multiplayer scene, depending on how things work out. I am not sure where they mentioned about the reaper and the overmind though.

Level 22
Yes, they said that if they see a race needs a new unit to balance things, they will add, if not, they may leave it the way it is. I doubt any race will be left without any new unit but let's not forget balance can be made with already existing units by adding some upgrade and ability.

Level 27
Yes, they said that if they see a race needs a new unit to balance things, they will add, if not, they may leave it the way it is. I doubt any race will be left without any new unit but let's not forget balance can be made with already existing units by adding some upgrade and ability.

True, true.
Like the Steam Tank upgrade.
I hope that those will be pretty cardinal upgrades...

Level 14
They need to make splash damage on ultras
EDIT:Beta was fail splash can hit lowered bunkers

Level 14
fryMoney.jpg

Level 14
I wonder if at the ending of the next expansion, the punchline is the death of Mengsk. I mean it would make only sence since in WoL the ending has no correlation to the title.

What do you mean there's no correlation to the title.

I mean, Wings of Liberty. It was all about the fight for freedom, until the Zerg came back. Then, they had to fight against the Zerg to save the whole sector.

Heart of the Swarm is all about, well, duh, the heart of the swarm and it, gaining revenge.

The heart of the swarm is Kerrigan. >.>

Level 14
I hundred percent doubt it. After the ending getting leaked and meeting such a reaction from players... Blizzard must be retarted not to change it.

If you are reffering to that ending where some infested Kerrigan kills Mengsk and than says that 'no matter what the zerg are, i will help them find it'... well it has been clearified since than, that that was an optional ending to WOL. As we see Sarah is de-infested atm, and would be retarded to have to infest her... again in HotS.

Level 14
If you are reffering to that ending where some infested Kerrigan kills Mengsk and than says that 'no matter what the zerg are, i will help them find it'... well it has been clearified since than, that that was an optional ending to WOL. As we see Sarah is de-infested atm, and would be retarded to have to infest her... again in HotS.

Well starcraft2 lets you choose,maybe they will make an Ai that will search what you choosed to un-infest her or not,so they can make the story depending on what you chose
But this was how intense the editor was: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVi-c1flZzg&feature=related
Think of what HotS will have,maybe we can create something Uber EPIC!

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I think Wings of Liberty is suiting because Raynor took his revolution -- and thus his freedom ideals -- a step further, his actions on New Folsom and Korhal IV have shown Mengsk that he can't just have it his way with his tyranny. On another hand, Raynor freed all humanity on the Koprulu from the Zerg threat, at least for the time being, not to mention that by saving Kerrigan he turned the wheel of fate regarding the Dark Voice's future oppression and annihilation of all the three races. So yes, the title is fitting.

Level 48
Ghost or Spectre is the easiest choice ever.
Ghosts are standard units that you can play with in Multiplayer.
Spectres are unique units that you never saw.
Spectres are the obvious choice. I'll be surprised if anyone chooses Nova because of ghosts. If anything at all, I'd choose Nova because she's friggin' NOVA, godamnit! She's a hot, badass Ghost chick.
I chose Tosh anyways, because he's badass and Spectres are awesome.

Level 14
Well I like Spectres more, but it all started cause I chose the New Folsom mission. That's why my portrait in sc2 is spectre (I purposly don't use Ghost icon), my custom unit in sc2 is Spectre, everything is Spectre! (like Happy ^^)

well terran represents Undead and at the same time Vikings
Lol Units names
Undead:Reaper,Ghost,Spectre,Banshee
Vikings:Viking(Duh),Thor,Valkyrie(Sc1)

Level 27
Well I like Spectres more, but it all started cause I chose the New Folsom mission. That's why my portrait in sc2 is spectre (I purposly don't use Ghost icon), my custom unit in sc2 is Spectre, everything is Spectre! (like Happy ^^)
I didn't knew Fluttershy is a spectre, too :D
Lol Units names
Well yes, norse for aircrafts and heavy tech and all those restless spirits (not undead like zombies or whatever, just spirits) for stealthy/harrasment units.

By the way, you forgot to mention Odin, Loki, Wraith, Spectre (Ghosts are sometimes called spectres, too).

Level 14

Well yes, norse for aircrafts and heavy tech and all those restless spirits (not undead like zombies or whatever, just spirits) for stealthy/harrasment units.

By the way, you forgot to mention Odin, Loki, Wraith, Spectre (Ghosts are sometimes called spectres, too).

I havent played Sc2 campaign for a while,plus i said spectre already lol,anyway tleno have you finished the WoL campaign?

Level 22

She is not, I am.

Lol Units names

Terran represents Human and partially, orc. But maybe elf too, like NE they have only ranged. It all depends on the point of view, that's why some war3 NE UD Orc players are now terrans. But either way it remains Human the mostly, multi repair etc, the others are weak similarities this is entirely human.

Level 14
She is not, I am.

Terran represents Human and partially, orc. But maybe elf too, like NE they have only ranged. It all depends on the point of view, that's why some war3 NE UD Orc players are now terrans. But either way it remains Human the mostly, multi repair etc, the others are weak similarities this is entirely human.

Protoss Building=Undead Building
Zerg Building=Night Elf Building
Terran Building=Orc Building
Terran Units=Night Elf Units
Protoss Unit=Orc Units (because Grunt is the most powerful Tier1)
Zerg Units=Night Elf Units(Because of very weak defence)

Level 22
How is P buildings = ud? Ud needs blight, Z needs creep. I also associate grunts with zealots as being the strongest tier 1. But more like marine is archer, ling is ghoul for being melee/ranged... This is silly comparing them at all. For some features it is like one race, for others it is like another race.

Status
Not open for further replies.