• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HD Modeling Contest #4: Theme Poll

Vote for the next theme - ONLY VOTE IF YOU PLAN ON PARTICIPATING

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Time to vote! Please only vote if you consider participating! Multiple votes allowed.
  • Dragon Theme (dragons or their dragon-flights themselves, dragonkin, all sorts of Nafarion's abominations, Humanoid forms and transformations, dragon-hunters/knights with dragon armour, Chromatus, Tiamat etc.)
  • Pantheon of Order
  • titan constructs; like watchers, mogu, eartherns, troggs
  • void theme
  • RPG characters
  • Nagas/sea creatures
  • Goblins
  • Creeps
  • Tauren
  • Draenor creeps/humanoids
  • Ellek’s
  • Gronn
  • Arrakoa
  • Reavers
@Barorque @Tamplier @ShadiHD @Vulfar @Bagysta @VictorZ @Retera @Raddazong @Mr Ogre man @Superfrycook @Symphoneum @dehme @Ardenaso @Fugrim @ZoomMan @vindorei

Time to vote! Please only vote if you consider participating! Multiple votes allowed.
  • Dragon Theme (dragons or their dragon-flights themselves, dragonkin, all sorts of Nafarion's abominations, Humanoid forms and transformations, dragon-hunters/knights with dragon armour, Chromatus, Tiamat etc.)
  • Pantheon of Order
  • titan constructs; like watchers, mogu, eartherns, troggs
  • void theme
  • RPG characters
  • Nagas/sea creatures
  • Goblins
  • Creeps
  • Tauren
  • Draenor creeps/humanoids
  • Ellek’s
  • Gronn
  • Arrakoa
  • Reavers
@Barorque @Tamplier @ShadiHD @Vulfar @Bagysta @VictorZ @Retera @Raddazong @Mr Ogre man @Superfrycook @Symphoneum @dehme @Ardenaso @Fugrim @ZoomMan @vindorei
Could you merge Pantheon of Order with titan constructs? They're basically the same thing

-----------
I've voted for Order and Void pantheons, as well as nagas. I think that there are several that are a bit too specific (Arrakoa, Reavers, Gronn, Ellek, Tauren...), and we already had Creeps as the #1 model contest.
I think that, apart from the 3 I chose, only draconids and RPG characters are worth making a contest of. It's not because the other options are bad (they could be great models to have), but they are incredibly niche.

I believe that making a contest where only the creeps that do not appear in wc3 are valid would be a better contest topic tbh. I'm a bit tired of seeing 200 orcs, 200 elves, 200 humans and 0 Arrakoas or Troggs.

Last edited:

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Adjusted poll.

Would love to see a Tiamat model i.e. a Five Headed dragon using all the ingame dragon heads (Red, Gold, Black, Green, Blue)

maxresdefault.jpg

Tiamat would be very cool! I think having some new dragons would be excellent. Also, would we be allowing Drakonids and other Dragonkin? Or just drakes and dragons in the classic sense? All of these ideas sound like a lot of fun, looking forward to see which one wins :D
Obviously anything draconic would go

That would be nice to have a full roster. Dragons are my first pick because I need an excuse to drop everything and focus on making an Onyxia model, plus I bought a blender tutorial for making dragons last year that’s gone unused. But if we go Naga I will put everything I have into making something cool, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.