• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[HD/Modeling] HD Doodad Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings everyone! Welcome to my workshop thread.

I recently noticed Reforged has a severe lack of doodad custom models and would like to dedicate myself to making more.
That's why I'm opening this thread for suggestions and requests.

Simply leave your ideas and suggestions in a reply and I'll see to making them for you :)
And if you want stuff like weapons/armor that units are wearing as props, I can do that as well.

You can review all of my previous models here: HD Models by Sapprine

Level 14
It'd be cool to have more ways to decorate the ground to add aesthetics. It's one of the annoying missing features of the HD and SD standard doodad library. Clusters of pebbles, chunks of ruins, walkway tiles, etc. I work in SD but I think a lot of people would find these very useful in general application for Reforged maps.

1676494040065.png

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
A medieval crane. Do we have that?
A medieval carriage (one for transport which could have a cover for the wagon, and one open for cargo).

Basically everything you can imagine that we don't have in the game. A good way to get ideas is to either look at screenshots of games or landscape/room concept art.

It'd be cool to have more ways to decorate the ground to add aesthetics. It's one of the annoying missing features of the HD and SD standard doodad library. Clusters of pebbles, chunks of ruins, walkway tiles, etc. I work in SD but I think a lot of people would find these very useful in general application for Reforged maps.

View attachment 425510
Love your idea! Already started putting some flat rock clusters together :)
1676495075268.png
1676495177375.png

View attachment 425510
Working on some walkways, but im not sure if this is what you meant

image.png

Level 20
hey man so I have a good suggestion(i think)
In my RPG map I use the Exclamation Mark for NPCs that have Quests:World_Editor_9GiZV6aKOX.jpg
And I use the Gold Coin model for Shops.
Unfortunately there isn't something to use for my Forge Master:World_Editor_n6U39i1koG.jpg
I'm imagining creating a Hammer(gold color to match the Exclamation Mark) that floats above him(but doesn't rotate)
Heck even the use of a 2D model with image is good for me:Warcraft_III_cSuAXQzLMM.jpg
Or you could even use Mountain King's Hammer and modify it.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Status
Not open for further replies.