• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Having trouble setting aquisition range in game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have the range of my unit set to 20,000 and the acquisition range of my unit set to 110 at the beginning of the game.

When he picks up and item, here is the trigger:

Sniper Rifle Pickup
Events
Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Acquires an item
Conditions
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Sniper Rifle
Actions
Unit - Set (Hero manipulating item) acquisition range to 2000.00
Unit - Add Sniper Speed Reduction (-4) to (Hero manipulating item)
Unit - Add Sniper Damage Bonus (+350) to (Hero manipulating item)

The acquisition range of the unit will not change in game. The second and third action work properly while the first does not.

If I change the acquisition range when I'm in the editor mode and then test the game, it will change. I can set it to 700 and it will be 700 in game. However, when I do it with triggers, it will not change.

Any idea how to change it or why this is not working?

Level 3
It changes acquisition range fine, range just won't update.

Use an upgrade, doesn't work if you want to be able to remove it though, or if a player can have more than one of the unit.

Ok, what happens is if I change the acquisition range before I test the game, the range in game shows up as changed and acts as though it were the acquisition range. But if I change it in game with the trigger in my first post, the range doesn't show up as changed, and it doesn't act as though changed when I shoot at objects. I assume this is because the acquisition range is not changing in game.

Level 40
Why is that?

I figure they must add the trigger in there for a reason, and if it does nothing, then why have it? Other than blizzard hates their customers?
Acquisition range does something too...

Huh, I remember so many people saying it worked. . .
I base my inference off the fact that if it did, everyone would do it and no one would rant about using upgrades and such; so far it appears to hold true =/

And it's not like it's an obscure or difficult method either.

Status
Not open for further replies.