• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Acquisition Range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
There is an action in the WE.

• Unit - Set Hero[TempInteg] acquisition range to Char_Range[TempInteg]
But it somehow doesnt seem to work, could someone explain to me how this is solveable?
I've found out that if I set the Range of a unit for example to 2000 but the aquisition range to 100, the unit will got a melee range ingame, so that way it would be easily possible to change the range of a unit, which would be very useful for RPGs.

Level 14
Acquisition Range refers to how close an enemy has to be before the unit will automatically attack it. This doesn't affect the actual range of a unit I am afraid.

Level 10
Like I said. I've found out that if the unit for example got 2000 range but 100 acquiition range it will got melee range ingame, so I thought if I change the acquisition range ingame for example to 1100 the range if set initially to 2000 would be 1100, but that doesnt work either.

I will do it now with forced morphing ability and a custom cooldown system.

Status
Not open for further replies.