• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hashtable Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Im new to hashtables so i was looking what things can hashtables save.
Though whenever i open certain hashtable save functions,i get an error message.
For example,i opened Hashtable - Save Ability Handle and after i click on Ability label,i get error and it closes WE...
This also happened with several other hashtables,i remember it happened with item pool save. So is it possible to use those hashtables? or this happens only to me >.>

Level 4
Nope, you're not alone and you can add trackables and regions (I think) to the list.

Blizzard never finished these functions. If you still have to use them you'd have to use variables and indexing.

Well, actual ability handles are used by anything. Or at least almost nothing. You can get them with GetSpellAbility, and save it. And load it. But otherwise you can't do anything else. =P

Trackables don't have functions in GUI and regions are actually rects in JASS. The only "regions" are like playable map area and world bounds and stuff. Regions made with the palette and with Rect() are rects in reality. So that might explain why they are retarded when it comes to saving them. :ugly:

Anyway, some will work and others might not. To be on the safe side, generic stuff like boolean, strings, reals, and integers will usually be the safest variables to save. For units, items, and destructibles, you can usually use their rawcode IDs in the object editor denoted by 'xxxx'. You can probably save them as well without problems, but I haven't really dealt with hashtables much. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.