• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Has it been done? (Custom Tileset Sensitive Models)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
The Bear, The Quillbeast and the Hawk all have tileset sensitive models, they change with the tileset, i'm wondering if it's been done with other models. Because this would be really good with Troll models.[/list]

Level 2
Danm, I thought there was some code at the end of the model file or something, what you're saying sounds like JASS stuff, (like Troll Beserkers starting off "Unavailable".

Level 4
oooooh. is THAT why the hawk always has purple wings?... i hate that. hopefully my experimentation with different tilesets will allow me to find a brown winged hawk...

Dragonfox

Level 25
Here's what I know about them

SNOW STYLE (Polar Bear, Snow Eagle, Snow Boar):
Lodaren Winter
Notherend
Icecrown

DARK STYLE (Black/Purple Bear, Purple Eagle, Boar):
Felwood

If anyone could post the other tilesets that get a change, I'd be happy

Level 4
if dark style is only in felwood and underground, then why are the eagle's wings always purple, unless i am in a snow version? i usually use either lordaeron summer or ashenvale and the eagle wings are always purple(and i think the bear is too).

can someone help me wih this? and is their a way to have the same skin no matter what tileset it is on, cause i like the white and brown ones...

Thanks,

Dragonfox

Level 2
The "Dark Style" is just a retone, and it's only in a few tilesets but in world editer which is a little buggy it wont update the toning from map to map.

If you actually play the game it would be different.

But...how to replicate the skin changing when it's in a snowy tileset....., that would really rock for Troll Models, I would like to see if that could be done.

Level 25
Well, its pretty easy to extract the brown ones and the white bear skin. My guess, for the others, is to make a map in Underground/Icecrown (For whatever one you want) and then save it, then search around inside the map with a mpq program until you find the hawk's skin

Got no idea about why its always purple for you though o_O

Level 4
what would be really cool, would be to create a duplicate custom model for each of the animals(bear, hawk, quilbeast) that would use one skin only. so you could have multiple colors(white, purple, brown) in one map, no matter what the tileset! example: having a white hawk and a brown hawk fighting together instead of two white hawks.

that could be really useful! (atleast for me... :? )

Dragonfox

Level 2
dude, if you extract the models and import them into your map with different paths, hey presto they will have the default skin on, no matter what tileset.

Level 4
heh. i never thought about that. lol. thanks! i will go do that, and i will see if i can find the white skin, too.

Thanks,

Dragonfox

EDIT: i found the skin of the hawk in the mpq, but i cannot find the model of the hawk(i have not tried the other ones, bear and quilbeast). if i import the skin, with the path of the hawk, with it always be brown or will it change?

EDITEDIT: nevermind, i found the model. i just changed blp to mdx whe extracting. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.