• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Has anyone separated the Hyperion terrain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
[s o l v e d] [s o l v e d] [s o l v e d] [s o l v e d] [s o l v e d] [s o l v e d]

Does anyone know when I save that map on my drive as a separate map to customize it, how to make it start from the Hyperion, example, the mission after Piercing the Shroud and before before the Char missions. I want to make some 'After the Char missions' environment inside the Hyperion with some customizations.

Basically what I am trying to make just the same place how it would be after Char and like before HotS - that is No Tychus, no upgrades-research and such menus, some units I personally want to add. Or simply put: I want to remove every other trigger that is not needed, leaving only the ones that make up the Hyperion Rooms terrain plus the people inside and this terrain - also Valerian's bridge and corridors of his Bcruiser walkable by units you can command. Problem is with so many triggers I do not know which ones.The Map is TStory01.SC2Map

Another issue: After I saved the map separately as a file, I cannot delete current Campaign triggers or paste new triggers there (right click options are greyed)

My findings so far: The ==MAIN== folder has some init triggers, there are conditions of map e.g TRaynor03.SC2Map has been completed True/False, enable Hyperion, etc. I failed to start from the Hyperion (since the Campaign in Single Player/Test Mode was never started) it starts always from Liberation Day. Deleted the whole ==CINEMATIC== hopefully Valerians' Observatory and such are still there.

Like I said, I need just the triggers making up the terrain not all cinematics, menus, research, upgrades, plus I could leave some options like LV Arcade, just checking if someone has some info would be helpful.

Last edited:
There is no terrain, all the rooms in the hyperion are made of one or more special cinimatic models.

And it's very difficult to re-create said cinematics even with the models themselves, as the models are designed to only show what is in the screen (they literally didnt add anything else to the shots). So if you want to re-create it you'll have to be very creative with your camera play.

Level 22
My question really wasn't Quantum Physics. I guess not everyone's familiar with Sections to answer some questions. Sections are something like saved portions of the map in the edtior to which Triggers, Placed Objects are attached. This whole new tab 'Sections' appears on Campaign Maps in the editor. That means you cannot delete triggers that belong to another Section or units on the map. Of course, you can Merge All Sections and all will be like any normal map. This is what prevented me from deleteing or creating triggers, if not the Shared section, all others do not allow you to do anything if you have not selected the specific Section that the triggers and objects are under.

For the TStory01.SC2Map specifically since the sections are in maps that no longer exist:
Maps\Campaign\StorySections\TStory01_Armory.SC2Map;base
Maps\Campaign\StorySections\TStory01_Bridge.SC2Map;base
Maps\Campaign\StorySections\TStory01_Cantina.SC2Map;base
Maps\Campaign\StorySections\TStory01_Char.SC2Map;base
Maps\Campaign\StorySections\TStory01_Corridor.SC2Map;base
Maps\Campaign\StorySections\TStory01_Flagship.SC2Map;base
Maps\Campaign\StorySections\TStory01_Lab.SC2Map;base
Maps\Campaign\StorySections\TStory01_MarSara.SC2Map;base
Maps\Campaign\StorySections\TStory01_Observatory.SC2Map;base

As for the rest - well once selected the correct Sections, just untick Disable Model on placement so that you see all modesl like Cantina plus props, Observatory plus Props, Armory, etc. They are just models in the map TStory1.SC2Map and scattered through the black map like space modules - you could always use Move Unit Instantly to move the unit between those Rooms. You do not need any Story triggers. Then place the SM units wherever you wish. I did so with some Captains, Cantina guys - just placed them in the Cantina, all Rewards from Missions such as New Folsom break in, Haven symbol etc are as separate props added in the Cantina - you can add/remove them.

When using OneTwoSC's RPG Vision tutorial, you can get the effects you want plus move units instantly through the rooms, plus playing Music of the Jukebox, Set Next Map/Run for the Lost Viking Arcade game when you click it or whatever. In the Armory I placed SM Banshee, SM Viking, SM Tank, Spectre (as I play with them) - and you can do that by yourself pretty much. I have used this OneTwoSC's camera vision lots of times - Maps where I make Interiors with a Roof on them - from Melee view you can see nothing, since the Roof covers all inside but once you enable OneTwoSC's RPG view, you see all inside. Now one problem with Cameras is sometimes Cameras won't enter inside or through cliffs and may climb above, in this case all that can be done is Set different Camera for Outside and Inside if a Camera doesn't follow behind a unit. Having selected the Unit to be any Selected unit, I made whichever unit is selected - the Camera with this RPG Vision follows them.

Another problem I faced was that there was no terrain. Thanks to Taintedwisp from SC2Mapster who told me how, I transferred in the state of SC2Components the terrain t3 files from a new map with terrain to the Campaign map - Pathing which I needed was bugged, units could go through red pathing ...

Instead of transfering the terrain t3... component files from a new map with the same map size and camera bounds that either because the Sections in TStory01.SC2Map or because the terrain transfer bugged the pathing and made it useless - I did the opposite. I created a new map with the same map size and camera bounds, at first Braxis removing the space platform with brushing -1 cliff level and leaving space - then again setting the Terrain Texture Set to be Story - since it already has terrain, I transferred just the Objects and Objects.version file from the Campaign map to the new map - so that all doodads and units remain as they are (well I had to raise the Height Field to 7 again but all is placed exactly since it was Objects transfer), also adding the line

<DataComponent Type="plob">Objects</DataComponent>

in the ComponentList.SC2Components. I also copied the PaintedPathingLayer file from the Campaign map to use the exact same pathing I did, I tested pathing it was all fine - I couldn't even place units on the map which was proof pathing was required and working properly, I had to brush Green pathing and so I allowed units to walk on Green. The Red is also working fine, so all works great now.

And because I feel at SC2Mapster they are more pro in mapmaking than here, and tend to post the solutions, in case someone else comes across similar, that's why the long explanation.

You think those Characters have always been like that? No, they are on the map away from any rooms, I put them all to be where they had to be based on the story.

TStory01AfterCharValerianFlagshipObservatory.jpg

TStory01AfterCharValerianFlagshipCorridor.jpg

TStory01AfterCharHyperionCantina.jpg

TStory01AfterChar2.jpg

Last edited:
Level 22
If you want to I can upload the map on this thread, I made some extra stuff but it is very raw also the way you move between the rooms is Move Instantly, like I said I only did it for the use of the terrain, not some actual ready map, at least you can start Lost Viking from it and you can't go from Lost Viking back to the Cantina as you enter the campaign's Hyperion Camapgin with empty models. And I certainly woulnd't make a whole modified LV just for getting back to Cantina.

Status
Not open for further replies.