• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Harvesting CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey,
I've been working on a unit called the "Thief", just some random flyer harvester who could steal minerals from veins, a hundred at a time, but with a cooldown, as a MULE replacement. And this is where the problem is, the Harvesting ability does not have a "cost" option. Could I give it one, or do I have to find another solution?

I mean, I don't want it to actually cost anything, but the cooldown is at the cost option.

Last edited:
Level 9
It has no cost option but there are workarounds to do this ability. You can just have an an ability over your Thief (harvest) one in the command card and give that a cooldown, but have the effect the ability applies to be an Issue Order effect to use your stealing ability. This way the harvest ability you have will be hidden from your command card so it cant be spammed, but also still be usable indirectly from the issue order ability in the same command card over it.

Level 5
Go to your Gather Ability that you created for your Thief. Adjust the Time Multiplier to make the gathering take more time. Reference the MULE Gather Ability to get an idea. Easiest thing I can think of to act as a CD

Level 3
Thanks, I'll try out the first one. The second one is not bad neither, but this unit is rather supposed to finish harvesting in a few seconds before he is spotted or chased down, so longer harvesting time might not work.
(I forgot to say that since this is an Altered Melee mod I don't want to use triggers, but I see that went without saying)

Status
Not open for further replies.