• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Harry Potter Fandom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
hmm. Well I'll wait to pass judgment on it until I actually see it.

People who market movies tend to put vague spots into their trailers.

It seems promising and I think it might turn out to be the best movie, but as I said I'm waiting for it to come out to pass my judgment on it.

Level 36
RESSURECTED. And 8K posts to boot.

We've had a lot of news.

Firstly, The Tales of Beedle the Bard will be released December 6th. Mellissa Annelli's book about the HP Fandom will be released in November sometime.

And the trailer. The trailer is probably the best I've ever seen, it's so montage-like that they manage to pack a ton of stuff in, Fenrir Greyback, Ron being poisoned, Dumbledore putting on Marvollo's Ring, the attack on the Burrow, etc. All in a minute long trailer.

Finally, the biggest news: The movie has been delayed to July 17th 2009. Alan Horn, the Vice at WB, attributed this to the Screenwriters Strike. That's obviously bullshit, as he just dowsn't want to take away from the amazing run that the Dark Knight is having.

So, I've renamed this the Fandom Thread, because that's essentially what it is.

Level 34
I'll remind you that it went entirely to charity.
Publicity stunt.

I'm kidding, but I'm personally just tiered of Harry Potter now, I've read the books, and have had my fill. Make the movies, and let's hear no more. Of course that won't happen.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Stunt or not, it sure is good luck for all them orphan kids and other less fortunate peoples. Oh and I, unlike you, will carry the HP books (not the bloody movies) in my heart for as long as possible. I nearly shed a tear when I closed the 7th book after reading it's last lines. I just plain like the series too much...

Level 14
RESSURECTED. And 8K posts to boot.

We've had a lot of news.

Oh good, I was meaning to resurrect this, but I've been too inactive to.

Firstly, The Tales of Beedle the Bard will be released December 6th. Mellissa Annelli's book about the HP Fandom will be released in November sometime.

Oh yay, more fan made books /sarcasm. Eh I don't know, maybe they won't suck. A lot of Star Wars books aren't bad and they're "fan made."

And the trailer. The trailer is probably the best I've ever seen, it's so montage-like that they manage to pack a ton of stuff in, Fenrir Greyback, Ron being poisoned, Dumbledore putting on Marvollo's Ring, the attack on the Burrow, etc. All in a minute long trailer.

Yes, I'm actually excited about the movie.

Finally, the biggest news: The movie has been delayed to July 17th 2009. Alan Horn, the Vice at WB, attributed this to the Screenwriters Strike. That's obviously bullshit, as he just dowsn't want to take away from the amazing run that the Dark Knight is having.

Yes, I saw that. It was rather discouraging but not unexpected.

Talk about milking your success.

It's not really milking it. A lot of authors like to write backstories and histories.

Stunt or not, it sure is good luck for all them orphan kids and other less fortunate peoples. Oh and I, unlike you, will carry the HP books (not the bloody movies) in my heart for as long as possible. I nearly shed a tear when I closed the 7th book after reading it's last lines. I just plain like the series too much...

Agreed. I don't care how "geeky" I'm considered, but I, like many my age, grew up reading the books (also being angry at the damn release dates).

For each excisting fan, there exist a person who hate it to.

False. The majority of people like Harry Potter. Or at the least, tolerate it.

Level 36
Melissa Anelli isn't really a fan. Shj'e more like the Queen of the Fandom itself. She's the Webmistress of the Leaky Cauldron, FYI, if you didn't know, and it's basically the biggest news site on the face of the earth for all things Harry Potter. This is her book about the other side of things. There are already plenty of accounts about the meteoric rise to fame of the books, but none about the fandom. Since the fandom is such a huge part of why Harry Potter is still so successful, I think it will be incredibly interesting to hear about how the Fandom operated early on in the game, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.