• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Harnessed Fey

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is the first model of my Doctrines mod. A Harnessed Fey, used by Quel'dorei Rangers. It is a worker model based upon the Faerie Fire buff, and contains a camera, attachments, and animations for a Wisp-like worker. It also has particles for his Stand Work animation.

I had wished to make this model to a higher standard, including a proper death animation (the current one is not exactly wonderful), and to edit the Stand Work animation so that the Fey swirl 3 times faster than normal. Unfortunately, both of these things are beyond my abilities (despite hours of trying), so I am releasing it in this imperfect (but very useable) state.

Keywords:
Wisp, Fey, Enslaved, Golden, Butterfly, Faerie, Gold, Worker, Night Elf
Contents

Harnessed Fey (Model)

Reviews
21:18, 22nd Feb 2009 shamanyouranus: This is a bit too simple for approval at the moment. It would nice if this had a proper death animation and did something interesting for the stand lumber. You have 5 days to do this. 09:03, 28th Feb 2009...

M

21:18, 22nd Feb 2009
shamanyouranus: This is a bit too simple for approval at the moment. It would nice if this had a proper death animation and did something interesting for the stand lumber. You have 5 days to do this.
09:03, 28th Feb 2009
shamanyouranus: Changes not made, rejected. Too simple.

Level 15
Odd, the high Elves are an arrogant race but i sincerely doubt they would enslave anyone or anything especially fey due to there night elven heritage and still remaining respect for nature.

Harnessed does not mean enslaved, it means "brought under control and put to use". Many animals are harnessed, and yet not technically enslaved. Nor are these fey enslaved, they have just been.. tamed.

Lul, swarm of butterflies.

And they are fey creatures, so butterflies fits nicely (and looks very different to the fey creatures the Night Elves make use of), especially in terms of colours when you compare it to Quel'thalas.

And what is this Doctrines mod about?

And the Doctrines mod is secret for now, but I am releasing all models I make for it.