• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HaradrimPikeman

Due to the many likes of my Haradrim Archer model, i decided to make a pikeman too. This is Haradrim pikeman-version from Lord of the Rings.As in the archer version, the turban is directly exported from WoW, but it uses an ingame skin. I suppose he can be used as any other human pikeman either. Feel free to use it in any way!

EDIT 1: my greatest thanks to RetroSexual for giving me the good idea of using the felguard anims & skeleton instead of the marine's. Thanks a lot, Retro! You plaid a major role in the optimization of this model! If you give repu and/or credits for that model (it's not a must, but appreciated ^^), then don't forget to give to RetroSexual as well! Now it uses the felguard anims. Keep in mind, that it should be scaled down a bit in WC3-Editor for fitting better to the other Haradrim models of mine.

EDIT 2: fixed the minor vertex-assignment problems, which were pointed out at the first moderation.They weren't that noticeable ingames. But anyways, it's better to live without them. Also managed to fix the minor problem in his shoulder up to the maximum possible point. :wink:

EDIT 3: Changed the pants into black cloth ones. I watched once again the movie (it was running yesterday on TV), so i noticed that most of the Haradrim had dark pants (either purple, black or red), so i came to the conclusion that it would fit more to make them black cloth pants rather than the so-far brown leather pants.

EDIT 4: just applied the "new optimization method" at all Haradrim models i made. Filesize has been reduced and quality slightly more increased. :wink:

Keywords:
Haradrim pikeman, Saracenian, Saracenian pikeman, Human pikeman, pikeman, LOTR, Lord of the Rings
Contents

HaradrimPikeman (Model)

HaradrimPikeman (Model)

Reviews
Frankster : Nice model edit and quite good line-up with the concept. Works in-game and performs well. Approved.