• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hammerfall

Hammerfall- 1v1
6 gold mines
2 goblin laboratories
2 goblin merchants
1 tavern

10 orange camps
6 green camps
2 red camps
A standard melee map with two naturals and clear pathways due to the bridges and rivers.

Special thanks:
RoboGoblin who initially added HF to ATR cups
MMC discord who worked on the map for w3c melee ladder

full
full
W3C ladder release
-fountains removed
-p4 orange Turtle camp changed into c4 red camp
-p2 orange Bandit camp changed into p1 green camp
-more room to creep middle map green camps
Contents

Hammerfall (Map)

Reviews
mafe
An good, more or less all the basics are completely fine. I just feel that it is missing some kind of "unique selling point" in terms of gameplay. I'd say atm it is a CH-TS-SG-Hybrid. In terms of visuals, the map feels strangely both dark and colorful...
Level 1
Good map, lacks a red creep spot though, the description may also be too short.also maybe a little bit spacy, but i like it. good use of doodads

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
An good, more or less all the basics are completely fine. I just feel that it is missing some kind of "unique selling point" in terms of gameplay. I'd say atm it is a CH-TS-SG-Hybrid.
In terms of visuals, the map feels strangely both dark and colorful at the same time. My initial thought was that this is a comics-book-turned-wc3-map. It's a nice tileset which does a goob job of being unique and creative, while at the same time being still familiar enough to not alienate people.

Regarding gameplay, there really isnt something outright wrong. But there are a few things that are debatable whether they can be considered features or encourage undesirable ways of playing the game:
1. A large potion of creeps is concentrated in the southwest/northeast parts of the map. It could mean that players play passively and creep there for a long time, which could be rather unexciting.
2. Nightelf players would surely like to build an AoW closer to the camp with the makrura than what is possible right now.
3. Units can heal at the fountains even during the day without aggroing the creeps.
4. Most of the itemdrops appear to be on the strong end of the scale. This could make creeping even more attractive. Maybe some (or all) of the lvl 2 powerups could be reduced to lvl 1. Or some camps could be strengthened.

Beyond that, not sure if or what further changes would improve the map.

Map approved.

Level 6
Ah, let's try this map. Insane computer vs complacent me with a beer in my hand. The true orc way!
I still won and but I couldn't find any red creeps. However I do appreciate when map makers tries something different with the terrain. Thumb up!