• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
so, i havn't played WoW in a while. I checked my email on day and it says my account was closed, i don't really like WoW as much as i use too so i don't really care, but I might come back one day. So, just incase if it was fake, I try to log on my account and apparently the hacker bought an authenticator and blocked me. so, anyways, i check my characters and armory and all their gear is sold, so i concluded i was hacked. I've heard multiple cases of blizzard closing a persons account permanently because the hacker exploited but the person didn't, do you think i'm going to suffer the same fate?

Level 24
Happened to me once.

I had stopped playing WoW like over half year ago and suddenly friend says that my characters are online. I tried to log in but the hacker got authenticator. I requested a new password from B.Net so he couldn't log in either. Then I just send Blizzard e-mail and I got my account back. Sadly I started playing again for like 4 months and then I quit again D:

I did get all gear back that was sold and I also got to keep all the stuff the hacker grinded with my chars, shit loads of eternal fires and few world drop epics.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It was closed because they ran a charge back against blizzard to get back the money they paid to use your character and sell the stuff. If you alert blizzard to the hack before they run the charge back blizzard will not close your accout and will hopefully refuse the charge back.

Basically what they do is log into inactive accounts, pay to have them activated, do runs to earn valuable crap, sell all the stuff and finally run a charge back to get their money back. Pure profit as they lose no money and only gain money from the sales (as they do not care about the account).

How they are getting the passwords is beyond me, it could be anything from an insider job at blizzard (the cleaning people are well known to run this sort of data leak in companies as they have unrestricted axcess to networked computers) to you providing them with your password via fake Email. Check if you can change your password every few months without having to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.