• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Gun System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ive noticed a few maps have a system that allows you to pick up an item, gain an ability named "shoot gun", but instead of targeting an individual unit, it just shoots whatever is infront of you.

I think its kinda bad-ass, and was wondernig where i can find such a system?

Level 15
Well, you could use MaDOS wich is what Elemination Tournament uses, but its kinda complicated. Else, theres a system here on the site called "Gui Mui Protectile system" or something like that. Havent checked the gui one, but i think its what you need.

As for the spell gained when you get an item, i think you should try do that yourself :p

Level 10
i not a very good triggerer but i think you just have to do event: unit picks up item. condition: item equal to (insert item here). actions: give triggering unit ability (insert ability here). Then for the ability, make the spell be, idk, either an autocast, or an ability you can click alot. Change all the factors in object editor (spell speed, damage, effects) and you should have what you want. Hope I helped

Level 10
thorn actually got it all right lol. If you want an extreme bullet system than look one up. If you want a nooby one just make a shockwave spell and change the missle to a bullet and then change the range n aoe. BAM eazy bullet travel. Well if you want it to shoot at a point you do that. Or else your gonna have to get a dummy spell then when a unit click it get a dummy unit cast the shockwave spell in that direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.