• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Guide me please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Can someone guide me please, my World Editor is running quite slow even though I disabled the Brush List already. Can you list me all of the things that would speed up the World Editor.

Occurring lags:
- Object Editor (creating units/doodads/abilities/etc) - "Takes 5 to 10 seconds to load"
- Loading the map. - "It should take 3 to 5 seconds after loading everything but it loads 8 to 15 seconds; 20 seconds worse"
- Deleting a variable. - "Deleting 1 variable takes about 30 seconds, dunno why; sometimes crashes the editor"
- Slow list accumulation. - "By list I mean Object Editor fields like Abilities, Model File, Icon, Ground Texture etc; even Trigger Editor accumulating units in a Unit Type variable is slow."

My specs:
Windows 10 Home Basic
Intel Pentium CPU N3710 1.60GHz x64 (64bit)
4Gb ram
Intel HD Graphics 405

Status
Not open for further replies.