• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Why is it so slow when renaming units?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
In world editor, I like to rename units, objects, buildings, etc. But every time I rename something, it takes about one whole minute to load after renaming! Does anyone else have this problem? Is there any way to fix this or get around this? Does World Editor Unlimited have a difference?

Level 5
Same issue, I think its just the fact that it has to go through every instance (including unplaced, like in the editing layer) and change it. For example, if you have a few triggers that involve... Maybe the Town Hall? You have a few Town Halls in the game, then you have the Town Hall in your unit layer. Renaming it is forcing it to rename it in the triggers, etc.

Just my guess, but its nothing serious. Maybe go to the bathroom or grab a bite to eat while it does it?

~ Saryeit

Level 8
lol okay. that is exactly what i was thinking to. but i am curious on if there is any way i can avoid that? does world editor unlimited fix that issue?

Level 5
Dont know, never used WEU. The most I've used thats not Blizzard are imported models, skins, sounds, and such. ... That and MiscData.txt [Gotta love it!]

~ Saryeit

Level 8
I figured it out! Thanks to a very generous and helping member known as, SimonKurciski. This member told me all you have to do is go into World Editor > Window > Untick Brush List.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.