• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Gui-Triggers doing Weird things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Im trying to make a hero selection Area without using regions however When I load my map all my selection rings have moved from where they were in the editor (offset about 300 , 50). Not only that but My floating Text Doesnt Show up at all, It was showing up in the middle but i fixed it(It stopped showing up alltogether when i stopped it from showing up in the middle)

Just for note My hero Selection area is at z-2090 Not sure if this makes a difference but it might so just throwing it out there.

If anyone can take a look at my map let me know wtf is going on id really appreciate it. Im trying to recreate Everline (Re-using the heroes mobs Items and Exp rate. I will be putting in credit, using custom models revamping save/load) since the original Creator has since stopped working on it and I absolutly loved that map. Normally I would be able to figure this sort of stuff out through trial and error but I really dont know what trigger it is thats causing it, I assume its either "Hero Selection Inizialization"/"Hero Selection" Im using JassNewgen Newest Version.

Heres the Triggers I think Might be causing it

• Hero Selection Initialization
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.50 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer Temp_Integer) from 1 to eou_NumberOfClassSelectionRing, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set ClassSelectionRingPoints[Temp_Integer] = (Position of ClassSelectionRings[Temp_Integer])
          • Set Temp_Point = (Position of ClassSelectionRings[Temp_Integer])
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ClassFloatingText[Temp_Integer] at Temp_Point with Z offset 0.00, using font size 20.00, color (25.00%, 100.00%, 25.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Set Temp_Integer = 0
      • -------- This Set Is just untill A New Class Is Created For the moment its simply just used for spawning Souls --------
      • Set ClassSelectionRingPoints[6] = (Position of ClassSelectionRings[6])
        • Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer Temp_Integer) from 1 to eou_NumberOfHeros, do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Set HeroSelectionRingPoints[Temp_Integer] = (Position of HeroSelectionRings[Temp_Integer])
      • Set Temp_Integer = 0
  • Hero Selection
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.40 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Unit_Group = (Units in HeroSelection <gen> matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to (==) Hero Chooser))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Unit_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer Loop_Integer_HeroSelection) from 1 to eou_NumberOfClassSelectionRing, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Is (Picked unit) near ClassSelectionRings[Loop_Integer_HeroSelection] and withing a range of 1.00) Equal to (==) True
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (HeroSelectionRingPoints[((Loop_Integer_HeroSelection x 3) - 1)] offset by (-250.00, 0.00))
                • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Temp_Unit_Group)

Attachments

• RPG Unofficial Everline 2v001.w3x
    397.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Level 3
You are not stating clearly your problems but as far as i can see your problem is related with the positions of some hero selection rings. Note that the height of the structures/units/doodads inside the world editor will not match all of the time their appearance in game.

Level 7
You also seem to have made your JASS code into just comments. So they won't actually do anything. Create a new trigger and edit->convert to custom text then paste the JASS library(the whole thing) in that trigger.

Level 4
The Jass code in my map is unrelated to the problem i am having (I have it commented Since I intend to use it but im not good with jass at this moment and am unsure how to implement it) Also I am using a jasspack the folder for it is called jassnewgenpack5d I believe this is also the name of the rar file I downloaded.

I have the circles of power set at .50 size and assumed that the range was calculated from the dead center of the object meaning a range of 1 would only be in the very middle of it. I did get the portals to stop warping my hero selector unit to the middle of the map however They Still seem to be Warping each other (One time) slightly offset of thier original locations. Since both my triggers are working together to set variables I am unable to disable one and see which is causing the problem.

Again if anyone has any info Directly Related to the 2 triggers I posted Let me know (The Other Jass Code thats in my map IS NOT RELATED Since I HAVE IT COMMENTED. (sry for caps not yelling just making it more clear)

I will attempt to get rid of the glitch myself but am currently going to be doing trial and error till it works so if someone can fix it or has any ideas on how to fix it (without using regions) let me know. The thing that confuses me is that it shouldnt be warping anything but my Hero Selector-UnitType. I am assuming theres something getting around that selection though.

PS: I am using Jassnewgen as well as umswe (I believe thats what its called, Its the alternative to WEU, I believe its still being updated. However i know its newer then WEU which causing many problems with most of its built in gui triggers)

@Switch When I pasted the Jass Library into a Jass trigger (doing what you said above) I get an error with JassNewgen that causes my map not too save, I also am compleatly unaware how to go about actually running the pasted Library.

@Kadabra Well I dont think the position of the rings that shouldnt be interacting with each other should be causing it(C the Unit Group Being Selected)? Does it have something to do with UMSWE Units_In_Range Function? I was going to use Doodads but theres no function for Doodads in range, so ive already had to lay down another layer of circles (lining them all up sucks.)

@Maker Sorry for not making it more clear which editor I was Using, Since I wasnt 100% sure which one i was using. All I know is what I posted above under "PS" Thanks for at least trying to help me Maker.

PPS Fairly Important News: I found out that this appears to have absolutly nothing to do with the triggers, and has something to do with the placement of My actual Circles It seems to be that if I disable the triggers related to the circles They Still STAY in the Same Spot, If I have Only the Triggers related to writing floating Text, The TEXT Gets Written. WTF is going on? Now Im beggining to wonder if it has something to do with The map being increased to 480x480 And I am using Land Height Tool To make the Terrain Higher? However it is not effecting 8 of my circles the 2 above the bottom circle in the rows of 9 and the middle one in each of the seperate groups of 3. Anyone Have any Ideas now?

Last edited:
Level 17
i believe that you should use (Integer A) loops instead of variable integer loops also i dont understand why you set looping integer "Temp_Integer" to 0, try using (Integer A) loops when ever you use loops because otherwise it gets confusing if you have a lot of variables the map size does not make a difference nor does the terrain height however you should only make your triggers in the original WE because all other ones have issues. the circle problem is most likely a bad looping but i cannot be certain as i cannot open the map

Level 4
I was told that using Integer A can Cause Problems if using Wait commands so I decided to just make a temp_integer For all my Loops that need integers. Either way I can Disable all my Triggers and the portals still move out of the way So i know its UNRELATED to my triggers, What could cause this problem If its unrelated to triggers other then map size?

This Problem appears to be Very STRANGE, as Disabling Triggers (All of them) Does not fix it. Also when I aligned them correctly (by pre offsetting the circles locations in the editor (every single one except the two just above the bottom circles in the rows of 9) the floating text is never placed.

Well I figured out why some of my Triggers were working And some were not. It Seems that my triggers that "Set Temp_Integer = 0" Were interfering with my other triggers that were looping using Temp_Integer. However Ive fixed my Triggers I Still have my Portals Being OFFSET Which Is really Starting To drive me nuts.

Ive been attempting to debug, by Constantly Outputing the variables for the loops to the screen. Well it appears that after making small changes to the way the loops are being run (Waiting until the variable that is used for the loop is = to a negative number that is determining the order that the variables will start and finish) Unfortunatly some of the Triggers loops just arnt running (They dont even start the loop) And it appears that my Temp_Integer Gets locked at 13 right off the start for no apparent reason (I got rid of everything that would be causing Temp_integer to get +1 to it)

Im Reposting my map in this post.

PS: Since Ive found out my Circles being offset has nothing to do with my triggers Im going to make a new post. From now on this topic is to help me get the floating text above my circles (I DO BELIEVE THESE 2 THINGS ARE RELATED)

Link to New topic Directly Related to fixing the Circles http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/.../weird-umswe-bug-might-we-208471/#post2064879

This Thread Is now ONLY about Fixing The Floating text trigger. If anyone has any ideas on why the circles are offsetting goto the link above.

MAPS NOW IN This Thread http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/.../weird-umswe-bug-might-we-208471/#post2064879

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.