• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[GUI] Ranged and Meele by Trigger in Actual Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I need a system to switch via Trigger my hero a Shaman to be a Ranged or a Meele.

Ranged Stance:
- Damage Type: Magic
- Weapon Type: Missile
- Attack Range: 800
- Missile Speed: 1000
- Weapon Sound: None
- Missile Art: Lightning Orb / Shaman missile

Meele Stance:
- Damage Type: Normal
- Weapon Type: Normal
- Attack Range: 90
- Missile Speed: 0 (zero)
- Weapon Sound: Metal Medium Chop
- Missile Art: None

Basically thematic on my map, this shaman would be a worshiper of "Fathersky" for ranged and "Motherearth" for meele so he would use a skill channeling it for 5 seconds, if he gets it without interruption (silence, stun .. normal channeled skill) he Stance change from meele to ranged or ranged to meele (depending on his previous stance of course), in this new current version of WE have added many more options of Trigger but I do not know how to move it right, could someone help me with this system?

OBS: I don't can use "Bear Form" "Storm Raven Form" and similars, must be an channeling skill of 5 seconds like to "Switch" between the stances. Anyone can help-me?

Level 39
You can set up both attacks in the OE but leave both disabled, then give the hero different abilities based on Orb of Fire that each enable one of the two attacks. Start the hero with one of the abilities and save both abilities in a variable. When the channel skill is cast, remove that ability, add the other one, and switch the variables:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit finishes casting an ability //stop casting will fire when channel is interrupted
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) equal to TRANSFORM
  • Actions
    • Unit - Remove CurrentAbil from (Triggering Unit)
    • Unit - Add OtherAbil to (Triggering Unit)
    • Set TempAbil = CurrentAbil
    • Set CurrentAbil = OtherAbil
    • Set OtherAbil = TempAbil
If that is insufficient for you, you can use a reverse bear form morph to change the hero after casting the transform ability. Same logic on the morph abilities:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit finishes casting an ability
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Remove OtherAbil from (Triggering Unit)

Level 8
You can set up both attacks in the OE but leave both disabled, then give the hero different abilities based on Orb of Fire that each enable one of the two attacks. Start the hero with one of the abilities and save both abilities in a variable. When the channel skill is cast, remove that ability, add the other one, and switch the variables:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit finishes casting an ability //stop casting will fire when channel is interrupted
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Remove CurrentAbil from (Triggering Unit)
If that is insufficient for you, you can use a reverse bear form morph to change the hero after casting the transform ability. Same logic on the morph abilities:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit finishes casting an ability
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Remove OtherAbil from (Triggering Unit)

And how will the hero change from Ranged to Meele according to the instant he uses? How do I decide which of the 2 OE attacks he will use?

In case "disable attack X" and "active attack Y" by trigger editor or does Orb already do this? I'm confused :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.