• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GUI Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
1. Until the 1.23(I think) I've used WEU on my map and increasing damage was easy, I've removed those features now and restarted my work on it.
I Know I can create a spellbook and disable it for the damage+, but I would like the damage to be increased by Hero Attribute, I know I could do the damage to be inflicted by trigger but I would like the damage to be displayed at the hero.
2. Also is there a way to change the Ability text in real time? I mean I have a lot of abilities that deal damage related to a hero attribute, and I'm wondering if it could be changed when the attribute of the hero is increased.

For example I have a skill that does 3x STR Damage and if the hero would have 40 strenght, the text would read 120 damage and so on, is there any way to do that?

3. I've used search but didn't find out a hashtable tutorial. If anyone could please give me a link...

Level 3
1. No, I mean the hero attack damage for example 27-37, I want to increase it at +HERO Attribute/value, and I want it to be displayed at his damage... I hope you understand what I mean...

2. That's too bad.

3. Thanks, +rep.

Level 4
1. Use "Item Damage Bonus", set it to 100++ levels, and set the bonus damage to each level ( if level 30, then set damage bonus to 30), then save your "damage" amount to variable and then Set Level of "Item Damage Bonus" to Variable.

I hate I can't upload an example because I'm browsing this page at Cell Phone right now.

Level 3
@Section: I tried Item damage bonus but under reasons I can't understand they don't work I mean, I've put some on the map to try and the hero can't pick it up and I don't know why, so I went with permanent damage bonus or something like that and it works.
The only problem I'm having is that converting real to integer sometimes screws a value and for example if the hero has 67 AGI and equips and item with +6 AGI, it increases his damage by 2, and when he drops the item it only decreases it by 1. The damage is increased should be (AGI/5)

@-SoulBurn + rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.