• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GUI - Mass DoT spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Well I'm trying to make a mass DoT spell and I couldn't find any preexisting spells except poison which is a passive ability. So I took rejuvenation and changed it's healing value to negative. It's meant to work on all units even your allies and your own.

So the problem I'm having is that when I cast the spell on only enemies it works fine, but when I cast it with an allied unit in the AoE range it only cast it on the allied unit.

So how I fix this, leak check or a better idea of creating this spell is very appreciated. I have thought of giving the dummy an attack with a custom poison but then the dummy needs to change target so I thought that this method were more efficient.

• Cursed fire
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Cursed fire
    • Actions
      • Set temp_point = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set temp_group = (Units within 300.00 of temp_point)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in temp_group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at temp_point facing Default building facing degrees
          • Set temp_unit = (Last created unit)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
          • Unit - Add Cursed fire dot to temp_unit
          • Unit - Order temp_unit to Night Elf Druid Of The Claw - Rejuvenation (Picked unit)
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_temp_group)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_temp_point )
PS.
DoT means Damage over Time.
AoE means Area of Effect.

Level 6
EDIT---
Now it works on both enemy and allied units tough somehow one unit never gets the DoT. I have no idea what might be causing it.

Sorry I didn't search the forums, feel like a jerk now XD The trigger works changed the triggering spell from blizzard to channel and it worked thanks alot guys. This is the final trigger, btw the special effect were for testing only, but thanks anyway :)

• Cursed fire
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Cursed fire
    • Actions
      • Set temp_point = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set temp_group = (Units within 300.00 of temp_point)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in temp_group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at temp_point facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Hide (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add Curse of fire to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Pit Lord - Doom (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_temp_point )
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_temp_group)

Status
Not open for further replies.