• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Guardians Orpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I just recently started working on an orpg. I'm hoping to include..
-job changing system
-save/load system
-engaging story
-interesting and challenging boss fights (not tank and spank)
-Wide variety of items and enemies

Of course I am only an amatuer map maker, so any help would be greatly appreciated. (Mainly triggers/terraining)

I'm hoping to have an alpha version posted in a week or two, though that might just be wishful thinking. :gg:

Level 3
Here is a more in depth look at my orpg..

Guardians Orpg: Wrath of Nature

Story
The Kingdom of Fularias has rarely seen war. A strictly neutral nation, it relies on heavy trade with most of its neighbor kingdoms. But, as Fularias expands, they destroy the very land around them. The further they expand, the more hostile the inhabitants of the land become. Eventually, the forces of nature strike back, led by an unseen force. Fularias' untrained military will need assistance if they are ever to keep their newfound enemy at bay.

Classes
The hero branches are..

Squire -->Soldier/Thief/Scout
Alchemist -->Acolyte/Initiate/Warden/Cleric

This is only the first job change. Expect more in time!

Dungeons/Enemies
So far two dungeons have been created.
First Dungeon is the Gnoll's Den, a relatively plain beginners dungeon
Second Dungeon is the Broodmothers Lair, a more interesting dungeon with a couple of traps along the way.
I am also trying to keep a wide variety of enemies available. For example, the gnoll assassin is a unit that deals very little damage (6-7), but attacks very fast and has evasion and critical strike.

Quests
The questing system is a "buy the quest" system. The story is translated through the quest description, making them completely optional to read. This way, if someone only wants hack n' slash, that person may have hack n' slash.

At the moment I am having a great deal of trouble with terrain and triggers (especially leaks, which I plan on reading up on soon). This is also my first attempt at creating a map (a tough project to start on :hohum:) If anybody is interested in helping out, pm me.:thumbs_up:

Level 1
At the moment I am having a great deal of trouble with terrain and triggers (especially leaks, which I plan on reading up on soon). This is also my first attempt at creating a map (a tough project to start on ) If anybody is interested in helping out, pm me.
You can use the project recruitment if you need help. Also do not double post use edit instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.