• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gsu'h Will RPG (Early beta state)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
attachment.php

Map Information Description
Map Name Gsu'h Will
Name of the creator Spartipilo
Current Stage of the map Less than alpha
Summary of the map gameplay/objectives Gsu'h ('Fleshy' form of 'Elomvah' God that rules in/outside existence asks you to do his will. You'll find about that in the game, doing quests, talking with NPC's, discovering the world.
Map Features Listed below
Credits Listed below

Hello! This is a Map i've been working on for a few months. It's my first map, and I knew absolutely nothing about Warcraft editor before it. I'm from Venezuela, we speak Spanish here, and I never had additional English lessons, only in school (about 8 years ago), so, please, be kind about language mistakes.

I wanted to make a mixture of (SNES) Dragon Quest, and Zelda, and Warcraft, of course. Keeping a strong history line, but leaving it a bit 'open' with the use of side quests and else.

The map is really incomplete. There are some stuff I aim to, but it's hard for me to test and balance by myself, since I have no one to test with. Some requests and goals are listed below.

Feature Description

Dialog system
Attempts to simulate Snes dialog system.

Custom attachments
Some things show in your hero model when you equip them.

Faith Points (FP)
Obtained when things are done the right way. Needed for some skills.

Generic Hero Customization
All stats give damage, but skills and items have different stat requirements, so, you can choose to be whatever you like to: Damage Dealer, Support, Debuffer, Hybrid, Tank, AoE, etc.

Stat and FP requirements for skills
This helps hero customization.

Fair beautifull terrain
I pot my effort on it. Screenshots below.

A lot of custom sounds and voices
Check it yourself!

Day/Afternoon/Night light models
Day light changes through the day. A torch may be needed in the night.

Night Effect
If it's dark, you won't be able to see. If you don't have a torch or a near enough light source, you'll be in Darkness, having 25% Chance to miss and 10% Slow effect.

Quests
1 required quest, 3 secondary quest.

9 Equipment Slots
Head, Amulet, MainHand, Offhand, Armor, Gloves, Boots, Ring, special. This way, your inventory and your equipment aren't mixed.

Charms
Items that give effects by just holding them.

Continuous development
I'll be here for a long time improving the map in all ways i can.
I need your help and suggestions to improve the gameplay in all the ways I can: Adding more items, improving or fixing dialogs or tooltips, quests ideas, item ideas, skill ideas, Terrain improvement, Code/Triggering improvement, attachments, names, systems, etc.

- Want to join me in the map development? Thanks. I'm up to. PM me.
- Have a cool idea? Speak now!
- Do you feel something (Difficulty, Drop rate, Creep spawn, Player limit, Items, Skills) is too much / too less? Let me know.
- Found a Leak/Bug/Desync? Help me fix it.
- Have any kind of question related to the map itself or the gameplay? Post it here.
- You think I should add something to this map description/features? Shoot!

Starting Area

attachment.php

Wood

attachment.php

Beach

attachment.php

Battle Locations.

attachment.php

Inventory and Night Effect

attachment.php

Custom Attachments

attachment.php

Custom Attachments

attachment.php

Custom Attachments

attachment.php

Amos town (Day)

attachment.php

Amos town (Night)

attachment.php

Ship with two levels!

attachment.php

- Generic credits for the Ultimate Map Terraining (UTM) team. I used some models.
- Magos, for War3ModelEditor
- Philipe, for DayNightModels

Ahna
Aura model (Hero Glow)

Pretor
Armor deepwater crab (Crab Carapace)

Clotaire
corne1 (Horns)

Sunchips
Wolf Cap (Wolf Cap)
Wolf Spirit Vestment No Head (Wolf Vest)

eubz
Thebandit's_Shied (Wood Table)
Turtleback_Shield (Turtle Carapace)

ThatGuy43
Torch Attachment

neogaidenx
Glowing Light (Torch and else)

DonDustin
Deep Sea Axe

Fingolfin
Goblin Goggles

MeteORA
Fishing Hat (Hat)

Lord_T
Ogre Axe / Ogre Axe Portrait.

Skipper
rambo_Knife (Knife)

shamanyouranus
ShadowBindTarget (Darkness)

supertoinkz
Beach Bench

Teaspoon
Rope Bridge

Debode
Mr. Goblin's Stall (Some of the shop models)

General Frank
Potions

Lord_T
Ogre Axe Portrait.

Haistrah
Stars_Lighting (Life Spark)

Army-of-Pandas
BTNHealingpotion (Health Potion (1))
BTNManapotion (Mana Potion (1))

GooS
BTNblueAApotionGS (Mana Potion (2))
BTNredAApotionGS (Health Potion (2))
BTNblueJApotionGS (Mana Potion (4))
BTNredJApotionGS (Health Potion (4))

blahson256
BTNHEALTHVIAL (Health Potion (5))
BTNMANAVIAL (Mana Potion (5))

Static
BTNBluebottle (Mana Potion (3))
BTNRedbottle (Health Potion (3))

NFWar
BTNSandalz (Sandals)

KelThuzad
BTnTalking2 (Talk)

bigapple90
BTNWeaponAxe4 (sea Axe)

CRAZYRUSSIAN
BTNcrGOBgogles (Night Googles' and else)

-ToasT
BTNKnife (Knife)

-Kobas-
BTN Mana Orb (Mana Regeneration Buff)

DarkHorse08 and SKriK
BTNPeasantClothes (Clothes)
* Edited for 'Empty Armor Slot'

Exp System: Maker improved it a lot with the formulas.
Item Removal System: Bribe
Item Drops System: Adiktuz
Skill Requirement System: -Kobas-
Talk System: The_Witcher
Equipment System: The_Witcher
Help around everything: The_Witcher

All these guys helped me a lot during the creation process wich involves A LOT of learning, since this was the first time I played with the World Editor. They have credits in leak removing, systems, optimization, ideas, resources, etc. They were all kind.

razor21, Maker, Spinnaker, Pharaoh_, GangSpear, HuanAk, D0W3R, defskull, Vladadamm, Erkki2, Dr. Killer, Kino, Troll-Brain, Mr_Bean987, Adiktuz, Shadow Daemon, Thanathos, Nestharus, baassee, Bribe, Darkgrom, WaterKnight, Chucky, Dr. Boom., Ceday,

[D]an|3L, Elf_lVlortred

Please let me know to add you or the 'by mistake' forgotten name into the long list.

I'm not a 'coder'. I did 99% of this using GUI or really easy JASS (Following real 'coders' suggestions) . The only JASS and vJASS things are imported systems. Means that I don't create complicated skills, effects and spells, I'm too old for that, since I have a life (or pretend to :ogre_hurrhurr:)

What I aim to right now:

• Adding the stat based regeneration to the potions and the skills that stops the potions effects (Poison and Stuns).
  • Creating more items, charms, etc.
  • Creating more Item Attack Skills (Like Bow, Poison Staff and Mindstaff).
  • Create the Stat Requirement System for items.
  • Creating more Skills.
  • Fix Bugs, Leaks, Dialogs, Tooltips, Icons, Attachments, Models.
  • Balance Attributes benefits (Amount of HP/Mana/Speed they give)
  • Balance creeps damage, hp, drop rates, size, collision size, etc.
  • Balance the Neutral Hostile handicap based on the amount of players in game [So far is (85 + (3 * player))]
  • Improve this map description.
  • Change a bit the attack angle of the camera, like 15� to the right.
  • Use the Villager that has tons of animations, and use them properly.
  • Find a good sound for potion use.

You must know that there are some stuff that Tooltip says, but aren't really there (Like item requirements) and since I haven't been able to create the potion system to work over time based on stats, the potions heals 120, and not 60 + % str/int like tooltip says. Remember this is an Early Alpha State version.

V1.01 - Thanks to Vincent-64 and Ultimatony for most suggestions..

- Added the screenshots in the thread. Had a problem when attached the first time.
- Changed most emoticons for written expressions (Ex. Changed '=)' for '[Smile]').
- Increased units collision size from 12 to 16.
- Added a better suggestion at the map beginning.
- Reduced creeps base handicap from 85 + (3 x player) to 60 + (8 x player).
- Potions shouldn't be able to be used on enemies anymore.
- Removed experience from constants.
- Added small life/mana regeneration to Nature in Woods, and Roger in the Beach.
- Reduced by 2% the Chance to Encounter in Woods.
- Monk is no longer accessible from the Woods (Never was supposed to)
- Some other small fixes.

V1.00
- Release

Edit: Desync solved.
Edit: Found 2 more bugs. Cam is not locked to wisp at the game start. Also, there are some bugs related to dying heroes. I'm working on it.

I made several changes from Version 1.01 from Version 1.02.

Attachments

• Sin título.jpg
    Sin título.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 2,170
  • Battle Locations.jpg
    Battle Locations.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 2,956
  • Beach Town (Day).jpg
    Beach Town (Day).jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 2,778
  • Beach Town (Night).jpg
    Beach Town (Night).jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 2,182
  • Beach.jpg
    Beach.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 3,300
  • Custom Attachments.jpg
    Custom Attachments.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 2,139
  • Inventory and Night Effect.jpg
    Inventory and Night Effect.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 2,178
  • More Attachments 2.jpg
    More Attachments 2.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 2,095
  • More Attachments.jpg
    More Attachments.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 2,105
  • Ships!.jpg
    Ships!.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 5,109
  • Starting Area.jpg
    Starting Area.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 2,542
  • Woods.jpg
    Woods.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 3,162
  • Gsu'h Will v1.01 (Open) Test.w3x
    1.7 MB · Views: 142
  • Gsu'h Will v1.02 (Open).w3x
    1.7 MB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Level 4
Impression after launch the map :

In first time, I start with a spirit and an enigm.
I pass sometime before realise what to do.
Advice : Some players would be lazy and stop the map there after 1 or 2 minutes of research.

Note : Sound and music make a good ambiance, i like it^^.

So, time of long introduction with text. Story is interesting but the OMG, and :'( from the women break the mood. It is not a RPG langage, what is it doing here?
I prefere use expression like [cry] or [sight], it is more natural.

After that, i find the chop tree, and by the way the first bug => some trees dosen't move when you cut them.

Well equipment is really well done, a good job :).

Now random fight system. It is a good idea but, when you are stuck somewhere the night (or just stuck somewhere) it is... very very anoying. You canno't do a pause, monsters always come and at the begining, you die very easely...
Of course; there is the safe trees area but nothing (without potion) to heal :x
Advice : You can creat item like in dragon quest who reduce the chance of random fight or, if monsters a weaker than you, avoid all fight. It will prevent some tantrum when you must travel across a low level area (some experience of first final fantaisy XD).
Another note : I am reading the choice of the monk enigm and.... monster appears, holyshit again, I have no time to read ! Make some delai before a battle when you speak with an npc^^.

I play this map alone, and I don't know how battle happen in multiplayer.
But if all players who is in the same area (like the forest) are engaged in the fight while one is speaking, one is try to get out of the forest... It is to try^^.

Conclusion :

Goodthings : System conversation.
Equipment system
Random system battle interesting
Cycle day and night
Music^^

Badthings : Some OMG and :') in dialog system
: Random fight occur to often (every 10s ><)...
: You have no time to read npc text in a battle zone cause monsters attack you every 10s.
: I hear the sea and gulls in the forest oO.
: There is safe area, but no heal area.
: The begin of the map can destabilize some players and dissuade them to play
: The bug of the trees^^

Well , I hope i don't annoy you with this very very long text, but I am creating an rpg too and I like when a have complete feedback^^.

Good luck with your project, this map smells good^^.

Level 8
Found 2 issues with the map,
I was fighting and needed to use a potion, so i clicked on it, then it gave me a target thing... so I was thinking, Ok I guess I could use it on my partners if they needed
But the thing I'm fighting is right on top of me, and I ended up healing the enemy! (Target Enemy shouldn't be allowed)

When I cheated with whosyourdaddy it started saying I got no exp when I killed stuff. But I was still gaining levels. (It said you have an exp system, make sure you disabled the gameplay constants exp settings if it's all given with triggers)

A possible problem you might have that I can't check single player.
With The Witchers equipment system, if you have a full inventory and you unequip something it is dropped on the ground, and if you had set an ownership to the item before, it is erased. (because when you unequip it creates a new item, I fixed in my map by creating a techtree requirement for the skills to unequip called "Open Inventory Slot" and had one spawn when they didn't have a full inventory)

After the 2nd line of the dialogs i just spammed esc to get out of it, but thats just me I hate useless chatting.

Level 20
impression after launch the map :

In first time, i start with a spirit and an enigm.
I pass sometime before realise what to do.
Advice : Some players would be lazy and stop the map there after 1 or 2 minutes of research.

I guess I can add some kind of 'The Docks seems mysterious! Lets check around there" to help newbies.

Note : Sound and music make a good ambiance, i like it^^.

Thanks, I did my best.

So, time of long introduction with text. Story is interesting but the omg, and :'( from the women break the mood. It is not a rpg langage, what is it doing here?
I prefere use expression like [cry] or [sight], it is more natural.

I'll do it. Initially I made the map a bit 'Toonish' like GameCube Zelda, but then I realized it could be more serious, I changed the trees and else. I'll remove the Emoticons and add the String Expresions.

After that, i find the chop tree, and by the way the first bug => some trees dosen't move when you cut them.

Yeah, sadly those trees don't have a dying animation. I would request someone to do them. If no one does, I could change the tree model to some other kind.

EDIT: I was relying on the sound, so the trees don't fall but sounds like falling and the unit is walking through the trees... But seems like only I see it that way xD

Well equipment is really well done, a good job :).

Thanks! Credits to The_Witcher for system and a lot of help.

Now random fight system. It is a good idea but, when you are stuck somewhere the night (or just stuck somewhere) it is... Very very anoying. You canno't do a pause, monsters always come and at the begining, you die very easely...
Of course; there is the safe trees area but nothing (without potion) to heal :x
advice : You can creat item like in dragon quest who reduce the chance of random fight or, if monsters a weaker than you, avoid all fight. It will prevent some tantrum when you must travel across a low level area (some experience of first final fantaisy xd).

Maybe the 'night' can get a bit annoying at the beginning. I tried to make the night faster than the day time, or shorter, but the game crashed. There are torches to see at night, and some items have Glow. Battle areas have the Wisp which lights the center of the region. I even made 'Night Googles' that give no vision, but avoid the Darkness buff. There's also the safe region in the woods. I'm thinking now that, that tree could have a small regeneration aura. Also, that tree sells potion, and that tree says that, if you use 'Explore' near a Fireplace having a 'Thin Wood Log' in the inventory, you can create a Torch.

Eh.. knowing how the random spawn is made, I can't create a 'Reduce chance of encounters' item, but only disable the whole encounter thing, like I do when you leave combat. The yellow shield with buff 'Safe' means that you can't engage combat if you have it. Lasts 3 second after combat. I could create an item that does that effect over the units for.. 7 seconds, or so. OR rework the whole system to make the 'reduce chance of encounter' item. Would need a bit of help with that though.

Another note : I am reading the choice of the monk enigm and.... Monster appears, holyshit again, i have no time to read ! Make some delai before a battle when you speak with an npc^^.

Players arent supposed to do that! How did you reached the monk without goign through the beach and else? Is there a gap between the wood trees?, lol.

I play this map alone, and i don't know how battle happen in multiplayer.
But if all players who is in the same area (like the forest) are engaged in the fight while one is speaking, one is try to get out of the forest... It is to try^^.

The Wood spawns random 1-3 creeps. The Beach spawns random 1-4. In more advanced areas I'll spawn depending on number of heroes. I'll try to reduce the Creeps handicap to around 60 + 9% x player to help those that play alone.

Conclusion :

Goodthings : System conversation.
Equipment system
random system battle interesting
cycle day and night
music^^

badthings : Some omg and :') in dialog system
: Random fight occur to often (every 10s ><)...
: You have no time to read npc text in a battle zone cause monsters attack you every 10s.
: I hear the sea and gulls in the forest oo.
: There is safe area, but no heal area.
: The begin of the map can destabilize some players and dissuade them to play
: The bug of the trees^^

well , i hope i don't annoy you with this very very long text, but i am creating an rpg too and i like when a have complete feedback^^.

Good luck with your project, this map smells good^^.

Very long text? After 145 triggers, and reading whole codes of systems and stuff, even the Bible seems like a cellphone text MSG.

Thank you very much for your review. I hope the map smells better with time (o_O) :goblin_jawdrop: and work.

Maybe because the beach is too near... But that's warcraft ambience sound. I didn't made a big enough gap between areas. I'll try to fix that. If I can't, I'll take that in count when creating other areas :p

EDIT: LOL! I just read your advice about the sounds running from other program behind warcraft. So funny! xD

Level 20
Found 2 issues with the map,
I was fighting and needed to use a potion, so i clicked on it, then it gave me a target thing... so I was thinking, Ok I guess I could use it on my partners if they needed
But the thing I'm fighting is right on top of me, and I ended up healing the enemy! (Target Enemy shouldn't be allowed)

Lol... never happened to me before. I'll solve that.

When I cheated with whosyourdaddy it started saying I got no exp when I killed stuff. But I was still gaining levels. (It said you have an exp system, make sure you disabled the gameplay constants exp settings if it's all given with triggers)
I disabled that in the gameplay constants... And you shouldn't be able to cheat :ogre_icwydt: ¬¬ How can I prevent cheating or creating on SinglePlayer?

A possible problem you might have that I can't check single player.
With The Witchers equipment system, if you have a full inventory and you unequip something it is dropped on the ground

That's right.

and if you had set an ownership to the item before, it is erased. (because when you unequip it creates a new item, I fixed in my map by creating a techtree requirement for the skills to unequip called "Open Inventory Slot" and had one spawn when they didn't have a full inventory)

I have no idea about that. I'm not using Item Ownership so far.

After the 2nd line of the dialogs i just spammed esc to get out of it, but thats just me I hate useless chatting.

A lot better than the system I had before, using 'wait' xD. Thank God you can do that. But you can read what units says 'once'... Most (Like Nature) give tips about gameplay, same than Both Rogers, and off course, the ladies involved in the quest. Others just improve the story line, and others are just... decoration :).

Thanks for your review!

Level 20
Updated the map in the main post, also added the screenshots.

Changelog:
V1.01 - Thanks to Vincent-64 and Ultimatony for most suggestions..

- Added the screenshots in the thread. Had a problem when attached the first time.
- Changed most emoticons for written expressions (Ex. Changed '=)' for '[Smile]').
- Increased units collision size from 12 to 16.
- Added a better suggestion at the map beginning.
- Reduced creeps base handicap from 85 + (3 x player) to 60 + (8 x player).
- Potions shouldn't be able to be used on enemies anymore.
- Removed experience from constants.
- Added small life/mana regeneration to Nature in Woods, and Roger in the Beach.
- Reduced by 2% the Chance to Encounter in Woods.
- Monk is no longer accessible from the Woods (Never was supposed to)
- Some other small fixes.

Level 4
Players arent supposed to do that! How did you reached the monk without goign through the beach and else? Is there a gap between the wood trees?, lol.

Yes, there is a gap between 2 trees^^, you can see the monk from the forest if you go very close to the trees (if you need, I can do a screenshot).

Very long text? After 145 triggers, and reading whole codes of systems and stuff, even the Bible seems like a cellphone text MSG.

I have more than 600 triggers in my map, and much much variable, and now I have to rework 90% of trigger cause I didn't use variable array, be careful to do a proper work since the begening or trust me, you would hate this f***** triggers^^.

About fight, experience will shows what is good and wrong. It is important to find player and get feedback, but the most difficult for a new rpg is to find beta players.
After that, you will allow to balance difficulties and perfect the battle system.

Level 20
Well.. I have posted several of my triggers many times for the community to checkout. Thanks for the Screenshot suggestion, I found it and fixed (as far as I know). That's what I aim to do. I hope someone can join me in the map making and improve the system and gameplay... but I'll stay alone (with the community support andfeedback) if no one shows up :p

About fight, experience will shows what is good and wrong. It is important to find player and get feedback, but the most difficult for a new rpg is to find beta players.
After that, you will allow to balance difficulties and perfect the battle system.

Thank God you're testing it.

Level 20
I'm working really hard in the creation of a custom complex damage system that will give each unit:

- Physical, Fire, Wind, Earth, Water, and Pure damage
- Physical, Fire, Wind, Earth, Water resistances
- Critical Chance (Based on Int)
- Critical Damage increase rate (Based on Str)
- Evasion chance (Based on Agi)

Skills will deal specific damage types, and have a bonus damage based on Int. They're also affected by Critical Chance.

Off course, as always, I aim to improve the gameplay overall

Level 4
That must increase the strategy in fight.
I mean, (for exemple) in a mountain, creature may use wind or earth power, so you may adapt your equipment.

And choose an attribute to increase critical or evasion chance may prevent a stupid heros leveling. In lot of orpg, if you choose a warrior, you up strengh again and again, same thing for agility and thief.
Here, an agility heros need intelligence to do more critical and increase his dps.

it goes even further, you choose your destiny with stats points and not with classes.
So, since the level 1, you can orient you heros in specific direction, and this system increase the number of destiny possible.
A good idea^^.

Level 20
Thanks!

Since all creeps will have 0 armor and 1-1 damage, I made it so you can pick a unit and type "-st" to know the real values. Only those higher to 0 are displayed. I already made most of it. Right now I'm working on stun chance, effect and duration (based on str).

Level 20
Of course! Your terrain looks epic! I love the... "nature" theme.

I'll finish the coding of this first island and tell you to stark working on a second region!

Level 20
Thanks! I'm doing my best. I doubt I can finish it by myself, but I'm sure I can do most of it :p

You can already try it like it's. I'm working, as said before, in a custom damage system to control almost every aspect of damage, and almost everything is based in stats. It jus has some bugs and stuff. Sadly, I reworked the whole spawn system. It was too "heavy" and complicated.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I have only checked the screenshots so i dont know if you have changed it, the island looks very bad (expect the awesome ship ^^) i could not do it better myself but that is my opinion

EDIT, i will test the map for a better review of this.

You made a really nice intro for this map you got me intrested.

bugs/fixes;
the the text that pops up at start it fills no function after 5 mins of playing
is it just me or does it look really weird as purple during the night?
when you open the quest menu (f9) it removes the dark so you can spy during the night
this unit says something weird

ohq14z.jpg

after doning the quest find a way you could make them go awey to the path and remove them after to make it more RPG
also, there is way too many mobs if you ask me.

suggestions
you use sounds in the dialogs (remember to use it to skills aswell)
when you speak to the god you should be able to chose class/race or something i recomend -kobas- hero pick system
more abilitys for the unit

Last edited:
Level 20
1) Thanks for your feedback. Yeah, I've worked a bit on everything.

2) The text says "Read F9". F9 says "-clear (Clears the screen text)" or something like that :)

3) I guess I have to replace the black fade in the interface :p Never tough about someone abusing that to see in the night :p In Multiplayer would have to pause/unpause

4) Yeah... I acually changed the whole battle system to make it more MMORPG... fetauring passive and hostile mobs. Maybe I'll use the old spawn system in some other region.

5) About the quest... I always knew it... and always left the "path block" for tomorrow... still haven't done xD

6) I removed the multiple class, to create one unique hero multi-class-able. Stats are required for items and skills, and most of those are stat dependant. Maybe I'll add some future classes in lvl 30 or so to specialize in Str / Agi / Int... but I doubt it :p Could do it with some extra help. What I wanted was a default melee/ranged change, but it involves unit/model replacement, and it involves some issues with The_Witcher's equipment system... I have to think about it a bit more to find a solution.

7) Skills are a bit "secret". When you talk to Roger (Before the Woods) he gives you an item and a skill based on your highest stat. Those can be found a later in a cave reached through the beach. If the three stats are the same, random skill and random item are given (or I could create an special skill/item for that)

Level 7
Played a couple of minutes. Interesting system, thoughtful dialogue. However, raccoons and deer attacking a hero does not look very realistic. The battle system is terrible. Moving into the arena is not appropriate. Also, the fog is too changes dramatically. Try to make a smooth transition. Think of a formula by which each game minutes the fog color will change.
P.S. As for the landscape. Cliffs now out of fashion.

Level 20
Thanks for your replies, but look at my signature. The project is waaaaaaaaaay to big for me. I was being too ambicious. I learned a lot, loved the experience, but ir overwhelmed me. This isn't even the last version. I had already changed the battle system to make it more "normal" for Warcraft. I was even thinking on making battles as console games...

I'm actually working right now in a much simpler project: A Tower Defense... Maybe later i'll jump into an RPG again but not like this one. I was trying to create a "ZElda-Like" thing but it requires a lot of ideas, history, quests, puzzles, etc.

Level 15
Maybe I can help you?
If you ever retake this I can help you!
I'm a good terrainer (not the best you'll find though). I have regular triggering skills so it might not be my best anyway (I'm pretty sure you know about this lol).
And I'm a regular skinner, I just get the job done, no real amazing things of uber pwnage.
If you want me to prove what I can do you might wanna check my map Pirates of the Sea, it's still in spanish, I should translate it sometime when I have some kind of stable version. http://www.potsland.blogspot.com

Level 20
Maybe, some day, I'll develop it further. I've learned many stuff about Wc3 that could turn this into a peace of cake. The hardes part is history, characters, dialogs, and the save/load system.

Nestharus is working on a save-load system wich is local, and doesn't need a code (a code for this map would be huge, since every character uses an integer to determine it's dialog). I'm also learning about JASS and how to make abilities.

I have to study, and work, and solve my life and my "every day bread" before investing my self deeply into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.