• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Grunt

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
It was done in 21 hours without intermission.

-----UPDATED-----
All moviments.
-----UPDATED-----
Vertex Portrait

Keywords:
Grunt, Orc, Hero, JoySoy
Contents

Grunt (Model)

Grunt (Model)

Assets
Reviews
22:53, 26th Aug 2012 HappyTauren: It is beyond me why you've put so much effort into this, since it is already done so many times. It is also bigger in size than...

M

22:53, 26th Aug 2012
HappyTauren: It is beyond me why you've put so much effort into this, since it is already done so many times. It is also bigger in size than http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/campaign-screen-grunt-113042/?prev=search%3Dgrunt%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

He looks nice, kinda suspecious, reminds me too much of world of warcraft, anyway I've tested him in warcraft and his animations are really bad, awful, and he has a custom walk speed which I don't like!
2/5

Edit: I don't know if animations were changed but tell me if they are, when I tested the model he had really bad animations...

Last edited:
Level 16
He looks nice, kinda suspecious, reminds me too much of world of warcraft, anyway I've tested him in warcraft and his animations are really bad, awful, and he has a custom walk speed which I don't like!
2/5

Why you are so Rude? if you can do it better, why you don't try it ?

On Topic : He got the same animations like Arthas, well the animations are not so good, once again i suggest you to anim transfer, Why you don't add Grunt's Animations, will fit perfectly!

Look what do i mean : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=c8w4iw

I transfered his animations in 5 Mins ^^

Last edited:
Level 26
Actually, Power, those are valid points. What they are pointing out is that his animations are awkward and need work. But the mesh is very nice. Hivers have never really perfected critiques and usually just pinpoint what they do not like. Also, that animation transfer is far from perfect. Although, it's a nice step in the right direction. Animation Transfer, then fix the minor errors and you got nice animations and a good mesh.

Level 11
Why you are so Rude? if you can do it better, why you don't try it ?

On Topic : He got the same animations like Arthas, well the animations are not so good, once again i suggest you to anim transfer, Why you don't add Grunt's Animations, will fit perfectly!

Look what do i mean : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=c8w4iw

I transfered his animations in 5 Mins ^^

It is perfect!
I will only make a few adjustments here.
+ReP.

Level 26
Deros has a point, if something identical already exists, with the same kind of animation and the same mesh, this probably could not be approved due to the originality rule that was implemented a few years ago to reduce the chances of anything being submitted multiple times.

Which is kinda sad. Good work, hope it was good training, but seeing that something like this already exists, this most likely will be rejected, sorry.

Level 11
Deros has a point, if something identical already exists, with the same kind of animation and the same mesh, this probably could not be approved due to the originality rule that was implemented a few years ago to reduce the chances of anything being submitted multiple times.

Which is kinda sad. Good work, hope it was good training, but seeing that something like this already exists, this most likely will be rejected, sorry.

But my version has more stuff.
And I did not even know one existed.

Level 26
im confused with all this negativity it seems fine 2 me.
either that or im lookin at a similar model.......

This is a WIP posted on the other model

5.jpg

And this is this model.
models_11734_screenshot.jpg

The mesh is taken from the Campaign Screen, the difference is that it is posted in the other, thus dubbed "Campaign Screen Grunt" While this model has no mention of this fact. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...n-grunt-113042/?prev=search=grunt&d=list&r=20
So, we're not being negative, we're basically pointing out that you Joysoy and that other guy have made identical models, save for the placement of the axe.

Which leads me to say good luck with your next model, but hold no high hopes for this one. ;/
Misha has a point btw. The other model is three years old, why didn't you look before you started working?

Level 11
This is a WIP posted on the other model

5.jpg

And this is this model.
models_11734_screenshot.jpg

The mesh is taken from the Campaign Screen, the difference is that it is posted in the other, thus dubbed "Campaign Screen Grunt" While this model has no mention of this fact. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...n-grunt-113042/?prev=search=grunt&d=list&r=20
So, we're not being negative, we're basically pointing out that you Joysoy and that other guy have made identical models, save for the placement of the axe.

Which leads me to say good luck with your next model, but hold no high hopes for this one. ;/
Misha has a point btw. The other model is three years old, why didn't you look before you started working?

I created the movements normally.
Only the Power showed a better demonstration.
And put to transfer animations.

Well, yes. The creator of the other model posted a tutorial on how he did the model. Apparently the grunt animation transitioned better when you changed the sword to the other hand.
This mesh however, has no real differences from the cinematic screen at all, besides animations, of course.

it is a she :p

im confused with all this negativity it seems fine 2 me.
either that or im lookin at a similar model.......
i'm not negative, just pointing we have this kind of a model already, hope the maker still had fun making it :)

Level 19