• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ground Unit condition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I am currently making a triggered spell and I am encountering one serious problem. I am making a condition which is used to select the units which are affected by a spell. This condition specifies that the matching unit is a ground unit. However it appears that amphibious units do not fall under this condition as they are not being affected. This is a real problem as I need this spell to be able to affect a mixture of amphibious and ground units but not air units. Anyone know of a way to do this by using another condition?

Level 5
Right now that's what I'm using. However that also requires that I make other conditions such as 'is a structure equal to false' and such, which I'm trying to avoid cause this isn't the only spell that I'm making for this map.

Level 16
Do I get it correct, that you just want to type the conditions just once but you wanna use them more times for different spells?
In this case, I just can give you something in Jass, because I tried but don't know how you can do it in GUI:

1) Make a trigger named (as example) filter. Convert this trigger to custom text, delete everything and add this:
JASS:
function filter takes unit u, player p returns boolean
    return GetWidgetLife(u) > 0.405 and IsUnitEnemy(u,p) and IsUnitType(u,UNIT_TYPE_GROUND) == true and IsUnitType(u,UNIT_TYPE_STRUCTURE) == false and IsUnitType(u,UNIT_TYPE_MAGIC_IMMUNE) == false
endfunction

2) Now you create your spell and for using this filter you have to do this:
  • Actions
    • Custom script: if filter(GetSpellTargetUnit(),GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit())) then
    • Unit - Kill (Target unit of ability being cast)
    • Custom script: endif
3) For a GUI group pick action it would be like this (since you don't wanna add all the conditions for a direct filter):
  • Actions
    • Set UnitVariable = (Triggering unit)
    • Set PointVariable = (Position of UnitVariable)
    • Set GroupVariable = (Units within 500.00 of PointVariable)
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in GroupVariable and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Custom script: if filter(GetEnumUnit(),GetOwningPlayer(udg_UnitVariable)) then
        • Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
        • Custom script: endif
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_PointVariable)
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_GroupVariable)

Attachments

• filter.w3x
    12.7 KB · Views: 29
Level 5
Alright guys, thanks for all the help. Right now the trigger I was using, uses several conditions instead of one only, to define a 'ground unit'. I was merely trying to see if there was an easier method to do this, that's all because I am using several spells which use this condition. And not only this condition but many others as well. I was trying to avoid having to insert about 7 conditions when defining a unit group (which requires the use of several 'and' functions). However it appears that this is not possible, so I'll just use the current format.

@Dr. Boom, I'm really not that comfortable using Jass as I'm not very familiar with it, so I think I'll pass on your solution. But thanks anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.